Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Scared about brown spotting??????

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am 10 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I was advised by my doctor not to have sex until I was 12 weeks because I had a miscarriage about 9 yrs. ago. I did have sex two days ago and have had a brown discharge since. Has anyone else had this? It is really scaring me....please help!

by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_brownie
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Best wishes. I know its hard to refrain from sex but I don't want you to beat yourself up about it. My hormones are raging but Im on light duty so to speak.

I would be honest and give the doctor a call tomorrow. Spotting in the first trimester is suppose to be fine but if you have a history, I say take extra precautions. Best wishes. GL
DEEANNALAMB81
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Brown or darker blood is old blood, the bright red blood is new blood I personally would be concerned but listen to your intuition. If your still concerned contact your ob in the morning.

Bella11530
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

It is a light brown color and I notice it when I go to the bathroom and wipe. It is just scary. I had it when I went in for my first appointment and the doctor did the pap and pelvic exam. She told me that I was very sensitive now and that I shouldn't have sex because she didn't want me to get scared again. Stupid me...I did and now I am. I don't have any cramping at all. Any advice or have you ever heard of this????

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I had bleeding in all my pregnancies... 6 times, but 4 miscarriages. Bleeding doesnt always end in miscarriage, but dont just shrug it off. Btw, i never had cramping or heavy bleeding with even my miscarriages (i had to do D&C for all 4)... just relax and call your dr monday morning. Sex will not cause a miscarriage... just like bedrest wont stop a miscarriage if it is going to happen. It is all about relaxing and not stressing out... i know it is not easy, but try to just take it easy.

Quoting Bella11530:

It is a light brown color and I notice it when I go to the bathroom and wipe. It is just scary. I had it when I went in for my first appointment and the doctor did the pap and pelvic exam. She told me that I was very sensitive now and that I shouldn't have sex because she didn't want me to get scared again. Stupid me...I did and now I am. I don't have any cramping at all. Any advice or have you ever heard of this????

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atownrb
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I wouldn't worry. Brown is old blood so I think your prob fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella11530
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 2:13 PM

What is old blood and why would it be coming out now going on 11 weeks in 3 days?

_brownie
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Old blood means old blood.  It could come from implantation bleeding and take that long to work itself down. 

charleyd68
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I've never had that problem, but the smart thing to do is listen  to the Doctor! I am sorry you went through that, I DO know how that is,but I don't understand why you didn't heed your Doctor? Okay, get another pelvic exam, then do as directed! Also, if you are hurting or spotting heavily HOSPITAL! But get on the bed and rest. GOOD LUCK!

sdgd21
by Diana on Mar. 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Quoting DEEANNALAMB81:

Brown or darker blood is old blood, the bright red blood is new blood I personally would be concerned but listen to your intuition. If your still concerned contact your ob in the morning.

That's what I was thinking, you should be fine.
t1gger143
by Member on Mar. 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM
You are okay. It's from having sex.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)