Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

RANT FROM A RETAIL STORE MANAGER!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM
  • 520 Replies
142 moms liked this
I have been working retail for about 20+ years and have seen many things that make you just shake your head in amazement and sometimes disgust. I have some things to get off my chest...so please just bear with me....

The toy section of my store is NOT the child drop off spot. Please keep your children with you at all times..

We have fitting rooms for your use. Please DO NOT try on clothes in the middle of the aisle.

We don't have a public restroom, but if you need to use the restroom, we can let you use ours. Please, DO NOT poop in the middle of the aisle in my men's department. DO NOT pee in a pair of shoes and leave them in the fitting room. DO NOT take a pile of clothes into the fitting room and pee on them. DO NOT take the pull up off of your toddler and allow them to squat and pee on the floor.

If you don't pay on your layaway, it WILL be canceled. (self explanatory)

Please, remember that my store is a PUBLIC place and we don't want to hear your loud and vulgar cellphone conversation about how you need to get an outfit for the club tomorrow night but how you have to hurry because you have an appointment to have an abortion in 45 minutes.

I know that I am a easy going person and that makes me easy to talk to, but please, don't tell me how you just spent $136.00 and now you are going to have to go suck some d$@I to get the money back. Also I don't want hear how you are a stripper because you paid for your $200.00 purchase in all ones.

Please don't get angry with me when you come in to do a return and I inform you that you CANNOT return the panties that you just bought. That you took them home and tried them on and they just don't fit right. Really? Really? Ummmmm no, you can't return the worn panties.

I am tired of the drama. I love, love what I do but please keep that foolishness to yourself. I don't want it!

**UPDATE**
Today, a young lady came in the store to return a dress that she had worn the night before. It had perfume on it and some unidentifiable stain. When I asked her what it was she said it was semen. She had "got some" in her home girls car last night. So when I told her that she could not bring the dress back, she got very angry with me and threw the dress in my face.

Please don't allow your children to run in the store. If they hurt themselves, the store will not be at fault.

Holding up the item that you wish to purchase by the PRICE TAG, and asking me how much it is...really did you just ask me that?

Is it too much trouble to put the items that you take off the rack back where you got them from? I don't even clean up behind my boys and they are 19, 6 & 5!

Please don't get upset with me about the cost of the Apple Bottom shirt that you want to wear as a dress. I do not set the prices.

Ma'am, if you ask my opinion on how something looks on you, do not get mad if I tell you something that you may not want to hear. Stop shopping in the juniors department. Take your ass back to the plus department. It's okay to wear clothes that actually fit you.

SMH...

*UPDATE*

Thanks everyone. Most of the time focus is on the customer. The staff seems to be forgotten sometimes. I work with a great group of people and we all stick it out day after day. I loooove what I do and take satisfaction in helping people look their best. Noooooo matter how long of a day I've had...how many times I've been cursed out...fussed at...yelled at our even spit on once...I come back with a smile on my face because I genuinely love what I do. Try to be nicer..kinder when you go in your local store to buy things..the people who work there are people who put up with tons of things..most things the general public never even
know about...because we clean it up.

Hugs and Love

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Gross
No public restrooms drive me nuts! Ds has urinary issues and cant just hold it for 10 minutes while we go find one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DEEANNALAMB81
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM
42 moms liked this
I'm scared to ask where you work.....haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shawna510
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, I too have been in the retail management for a long time and some of theses SURPRISE me! Although, in my most recent office/property manager position I have met very interesting people and found someone growing shrooms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momo77
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Where the hell do you work?? Omg that is nasty!!
Ohiomomto2
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM
6 moms liked this

Yikes!  I don't think I'll be trying on shoes (or buying them) from a store with no public bathroom ever again lmao!

outtamymynd
by Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM
What?! I don't believe that. Tell me that doesn't really happen!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Yikes! Makes me glad I don't work in retail!

MrsRobinson06
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I once worked in a department store that did have a public restroom but people still used the changing room as their own personal toilet. Disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I experienced the same when I worked in retail as a teen.  Also once some adult took a dump on the floor while they were waiting in line at the customer service desk!

Quoting MrsRobinson06:

I once worked in a department store that did have a public restroom but people still used the changing room as their own personal toilet. Disgusting.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM
5 moms liked this

Oh man...I could add a few here too. Like, threatening to beat me up because I can't return a shirt that is stained up and smells like smoke isn't going to make me want to return the shirt for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN