Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I am always looking for a way to stay organized.  I tried the phone calendar, but I wasn't good about adding stuff to it.  We have a wall calendar at home, made with a spot for mom and up to 4 kiddos.  And I use the MomAgenda with the same format as the calendar.  Still I miss things... What do you do to stay organized?  Strategies for staying on top of 3 kids schedules, school work, school projects, sports.. etc?  Oh and I also run a non-profit started by my now 12 year old 2 almost 3 year ago, so I have a lot on my plate!

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Replies (11-17):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:17 AM
I just use a plain old calander
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I have a book, I bought it at Barnes and Noble,  it's just your average date book, about the size of a check book only thicker.  And I just write EVERYTHING in it.   And I mean I write everything from appointments, things I need to do, to what I am making for dinner.  I work,  also my sister in law and I take care of my disabled mother together.  I just keep that book within reach at all times, then I can grab it and schedule quickly. 

And then I also have a weekly to do list, a monthly to do list and a daily to do list.  I redo each in the same way, Every evening I do my list for the next day, then Sunday morning I do my list for the next week, and then I have a list on the right side of my calendar for things I would like to get done in the next month.  They are things that need done, but are not urgent, like this month me and my husband need to hand our new bedroom curtains.  I need to take my comforters to the laundry mat, (too big for my washer) and pick out a box of stuff to take to the thrift store.  Sometimes my monthly and weekly carry over.  No big deal.  Daily I put appointments, church, and my son's activities first, and then I fit the rest around it. 

This is what works for me. 

momof3girls916
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM

This is awesome!!! I need to do this.  I try but I don't take the time, and really in my mind, I know it doesn't take that long, so I just need to get into the habit darn it!  Thanks for the inspiration... Speaking of comforters, I have mine still in a pile to be taken to the cleaners... 2 weeks, now, guess that is on my list this week! LOL

Quoting Poosaloosa:

I have a book, I bought it at Barnes and Noble,  it's just your average date book, about the size of a check book only thicker.  And I just write EVERYTHING in it.   And I mean I write everything from appointments, things I need to do, to what I am making for dinner.  I work,  also my sister in law and I take care of my disabled mother together.  I just keep that book within reach at all times, then I can grab it and schedule quickly. 

And then I also have a weekly to do list, a monthly to do list and a daily to do list.  I redo each in the same way, Every evening I do my list for the next day, then Sunday morning I do my list for the next week, and then I have a list on the right side of my calendar for things I would like to get done in the next month.  They are things that need done, but are not urgent, like this month me and my husband need to hand our new bedroom curtains.  I need to take my comforters to the laundry mat, (too big for my washer) and pick out a box of stuff to take to the thrift store.  Sometimes my monthly and weekly carry over.  No big deal.  Daily I put appointments, church, and my son's activities first, and then I fit the rest around it. 

This is what works for me. 

TableforSeven
by Judy on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I just have a 'regular' calendar on my computer - I've tried things like Cozi but HATE them.
My computer calendar gives me 1 full week at a glance on my main page...thehn a simple click and I can see the whole thing by day, week or month.

As far as a wall calendar at ahome...I can't find one large enough for our busy family of 7...so I buy a huge DESK-calendar and hang that on the wall...it has nice, HUGE, blocks for every day. I als color-code the family.  Each person's events are written in a different color...some types of events are highlighted (orang for doctor visits....blue for the youngest kids' school....red for DD32s high school, etc.

We also have a system for displaying flyers from school. synagogue, groups/clubs/etc and party invitations.  Everything that needs to be responded to is kept in one spot until a response is sent.  Then moved to a magnetic, white board where things are displayed in order of date and removed as soonn as the event happens. 

vermontmoms
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I use my iphone calendar and the fridge for important info. It works for me! I may try Cozi so my spouse can know whats going on that month...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4newmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I don't!
lexipooh78
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I have a small dry erase board on the fridge that I jot notes on what I need to do for the day, or things I need from the store. Also my Mom makes a copy of her schedule for me and I hang it on the fridge so I can keep track of when she is available to watch my son if needed (she is the only one I will leave him with).  DH never has any appointments outside of work (M-F) and Wyatt is only 18months so there isn't a lot to keep track of for us for now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)