Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

80's coming back!!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today I was shopping at Target ... I had to laugh when I came across a display of Gabbage Patch Kids.... it instantly took me back to being a little girl begging my mother for one..... never got one but. ... THEN ... I turned the corner and saw Garbage Pail Kids cards ..... The women's area has Neon bags, shirts, pocketbooks, sneakers and more stuff..... the 1980s are coming back!! LOL ....

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kenna1212
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

i love it=) i think the toys and stuff that we had back then are better then the ones now...jmo....

Jackie412
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

its awesome i have a almost 3 yr old and she loves to play with my litte ponies, cabbage patch kids, and strawberry shortcakes to name a few.... All of which i loved

AphrexiaX
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, but they aren't quite the same as when we played with them. The new My Little Ponies look anorexic next to my vintage ones.Same with the cabbage patch kids. And really, jelly shoes and neon should stay in the 80's. I disliked it then and i still dislike it now. 

bluevelvetKS
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Too bad they can't bring back the quality they had back then. What about the old fisher price toys? Awesome!

Outrageous
by Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bluevelvetKS:

Too bad they can't bring back the quality they had back then. What about the old fisher price toys? Awesome!

I know!! Everything is outsourced now and made cheaper .............. !!

sheri305
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Quoting Kenna1212:

i love it=) i think the toys and stuff that we had back then are better then the ones now...jmo....

Rooobeee
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Just about everything was better in the 80's than it is now. Even the cartoons and the music. Of course, the big hair and the shoulder pads can stay in the 80's. LOL

christi34
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I was young then but I loved the 80s and early 90s.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I refuse to spray a whole can of hairspray in my hair ever again....(but would wear bright tights again!)
Mari6443
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
I totally agree!! The 80's rocked!!:-)

Quoting Rooobeee:

Just about everything was better in the 80's than it is now. Even the cartoons and the music. Of course, the big hair and the shoulder pads can stay in the 80's. LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)