Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What is one current style that you would like to see disappear forever?

Posted by   + Show Post

I love the thead where the ladies are posting about which 80's and 90's styles they don't want to see return.  I thought it would be interesting to see what some of our least favorite current styles are.  So, ladies, If you had to pick, what is the one current fashion trend, hair style ,or accessory  that you would like to see go away for good?

For me it is oversized, sagging pants.  I hate this style.  I am sick of walking through the mall and seeing some guy's boxer shorts covered butt staring back at me.  Pull up you damn pants, and invest in a belt  please!

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Then we've got the skinny jeans on men thing. Why? Just...why would they do this to themselves?

MamaLisaSmile
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I'm a size 0 and I can't find pants to fit either. I would never wear jeans more than an inch above me hip bones. I have never liked things tight on my stomach. Even as a toddler my mom said I insisted on wearing overalls every day. Lol. I need jeans that are tighter in the waist and not cutting off my thighs.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

I hear you. I have trouble finding jeans that fit correctly.  The low riders cut of circulation to my hips, and I can't seem to find mid rise jeans in my size that don't have wide legs.  The only jeans that seem to fit comfortably are "Mom jeans". Yikes.

Quoting CDMelty:

These low-rider tight pants that all the girls wear. Nobody over a size 2 can wear them without some form of muffin top and for those of us who are in the double digit sizes, it's hard to find jeans out there at all that don't give us muffin top all the way around. I don't have a back-fat issue until I try to put on a pair of jeans that cuts across the hips rather than the waist.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Keep them comming ladies. You don't have to pick just one.  Make a list if you like. This is the place to vent about bad fashion trends. Post away.

Cearley_est_02
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Baggy jeans with your butt hanging out for guys.. 

tights as pants... they are cute under dresses but they are in no way intended for pants! 

and I hate the hairstyle where one side is shaved and one is long.. or the faux hawks on girls!    really ugly!

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Apr. 11, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Oh yeah, I for got about faux hawks.   They don't look good on men either.  Another hairstyle I can't stand are pixi cuts.  I just don't think they are all that attractive. Everytime I see an actress sporting one, I think of Peter Pan.

mantyangel
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I sooo agree with this!  I just want to grab these girls and tell them "What are you doing!  That is not sexy!"

Quoting CDMelty:

These low-rider tight pants that all the girls wear. Nobody over a size 2 can wear them without some form of muffin top and for those of us who are in the double digit sizes, it's hard to find jeans out there at all that don't give us muffin top all the way around. I don't have a back-fat issue until I try to put on a pair of jeans that cuts across the hips rather than the waist.

wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Any clothing that is skin tight. Sizes have shrunk!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Apr. 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM

You aren't kidding. Everything has gotton tighter and shorter.  And, don't get me started on vanity sizing.  This drives me crazy. When I am shopping for jeans I want to located my size on the tag, not try to figure out what a red 10 or blue 12 is equvilant to on the store's complicated sizing chart. 

LostTheSlipper
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Those damn hair bumps. Friggen ugly:

Kinda like this but not quite

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I thought of another one. Furry ugg boots.  Seriously, these things look like bedroom slippers.  They are not attractive at all. I see high school girls wearing them all over the mall, in every color in the rainbow. The only thing worse that these are Crocks. Butt ugly, overpriced, plastic sandals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)