Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Don't lie..

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  • 54 Replies

Have you ever done something as a mother that before you were a mom, you would have totally judged another mother for?  For instance, the other day I was running late, found myself out of healthy options, so I gave my kids brownies and chocolate milk for breakfast (sorry Mrs. Wade and Mrs. Macke. lol).  We are reserving judgment here ladies, just trying to have a laugh!  

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karischub
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, we've had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and we sometimes skip bath and just braid her hair back for the day after a quick wipe down with a baby wipe...

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup and learned very fast why they did the things they did.

squeekers
“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”— Richard David Bach (born 1936) Writer
Today at 8:19 PM
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this

eating canned chef boyardi spagettios for supper.

chinosruca
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Ummmmm. Nope. I am perfect.

Seriously.....I am not a perfect mom but I didn't judge other moms for little stuff like brownies & chocolate milk. If that is the only foods you fed your kids all the time, I would have some ugly thoughts.....but aside from abuse, neglect and immoral behavior......I don't really care how others parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystaldiaz
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Lol, that's funny. My kids would love that! I've sent my kids to school in yesterdays jeans cause I didn't do laundry :/ I know, I know...nasty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilPatricksMomy
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Hmmm.... I've walked 2 houses down to check the mail while he's napping. If anyone would have told me that prior to me having a kid, I'd have flipped out. Now I'm like... I have the baby monitor with me, I can see my front door..... where's the crime? lol

KristinawithaK
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I did that just last week.  the way I see it, if he can't tell me he's out of jeans the night before and not the morning of school, then he gets to pick through his dirty clothes to see which ones could pass as ecceptable to wear.

Quoting crystaldiaz:

Lol, that's funny. My kids would love that! I've sent my kids to school in yesterdays jeans cause I didn't do laundry :/ I know, I know...nasty!

MamaCaram
4 moms liked this
Gave them candy to keep them quiet enough for me to finish grocery shopping.
KristinawithaK

I'm sure I have I just can't think of any specifics off of the top of my head.  although, being the oldest of 7 kids, I've always known how hard it is to raise kids and that things aren't always done "by the book"

CLEKate
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes. I used to make fun of my SIL for the schedules she kept with her kids. Now I am so set in my schedule that I get made fun of. I also used to judge my mom for not shaving her legs often...Now I shave only when I have to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN