Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 years ago tonight....our phone rang at 2am
It was my father.  My mother had just suddenly and unexpectedly lost her 7 year battle with breast cancer.
I had seen her 36 hours before....she seemed fine - had a little cough, that was all.  No one thought her battle was ending...not even the doctors (she was even scueduled for a CaT Scan the following Monday).
She woke up in the middle of the night coughing and started to hemorage- the paramedics came and got her to the hospital...but there was nothing they could do.  There wasn't even time for Dad to call us before it all happened...he called us when he got back home from the hospital (he lived only a few miles away).
I was there as quickly as possible....we live on the other side of town.

Life has not been the same these last 4 years....but at least Mom's pain and suffering is over - no more tests, chemo, drugs, scans, etc.  She can rest in peace.

Love you Mom.  :-( 

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mari6443
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM
I am so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers will be with you! (((HUGS!!!)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I'm so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Hugs, I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom lives with cancer and although she is relatively healthy that is my biggest fear. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM

(((((hugs)))))

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I received the same call at 2am fr om my dad a year ago. My mom had non hodgkins lymphoma and also developed a cough which turned into pneumonia. Losing a parent is devastating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by Crystal on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Sorry
yourpassion
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM

i'm so sorry!!!! 

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:07 AM
I am very sorry for your loss. I will be very sad when my mom passes. I can't even imagine what you are going through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjdama
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:39 AM
(((HUGS))) I can't imagine what you are going through. I dread that day, and I know it could come at any time. My dad is almost 70 now and my mom is 64.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)