Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What or who takes up most of your time?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
  • 340 Replies
4 moms liked this

Just wondering what or who takes up the most of your time? How do you find balance in your life. I started working in the home and also started a part time babysitting job. I homeschool my children and want to make sure i get time with the hubby. 

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this

The computer. But if it wouldn't be that, it would be books. There's honestly not much housekeeping to do, and the kids don't require much from us anymore. They are both in school all day anyway. 

DrJChappell
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

My car. Driving. I take my kids to school in the morning, take my grandmother to respite care three days a week, pick up kids from school, take them to football, boy scouts, girl scouts, and church activities. I recently got to 100,000 miles on my car and I haven't really been anywhere.

Mari6443
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM
6 moms liked this
My kids. My time is consumed with taking care of them and spending time with them. I am a SAHM, so they are my priority during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I work FT outside the home. My FT job takes up 50+ hours a week. Sleeping takes up a good 42 hours minimum (6 hours a night).  So, were already down to 76 hours left, which is split between DS, DH, and my home business. Time with DH always happens after DS goes to bed.  I will work on my business while we are watching TV together, or we will play a video game for an hour or something.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM
2 moms liked this

My 5 cats....one can't get something that someone else isn't getting.  LOL  I swear they are worse than kids!!

SweetlilM
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Work and my kids! I don't have time for much else. Good thing I don't have a hubby I guess? :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Same here. And I work 40 hours a week so that takes up a lot of my time as well.

Quoting e-doolittle:

My son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTLoveMyBoys
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Work and the kids take up most of my time.

jen2150
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this

We homeschool as well.  I would say my kids get the most of my time but I do find time for other things.  I also just started taking karate with my boys and that is taking up a lot of my time.  We go to class 3 times per week and I spend at least 3 times per week stretching at home.  I am trying to reach my goal of  a full split  by 12-17.  I also love to read.  I just started a book called Unbroken and it so good.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)