Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Potty Training HELP

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

My son will be turning 3 in August, my husband and I started potty training when he was 18 months. He goes to the potty but mostly when my husband and I asks him if he has to go but he doesn't do it on his own. HELP, any advice??

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
raczac
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Both of my boys were three or a little older before they were potty trained to pee in the potty. My oldest wanted to play soccer so we told him he had to go to the potty all the time before he could play. My youngest we just had to take the pull up away from him competly before he stoped peeing and pooping on himself. Good luck

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it clicks later for most boys. If he is not resisting, just keep encouraging it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysplace
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes they get so involved in playing that they just don't want to stop to go...I remember having to do that with 1 of mine when potty training. She would stand there doing the potty dance until i'd tell her whatever she was doing would be there when she got back from the potty.

Just keep encouraging him & he will start to go on his own. Good luck!

bamababe1975
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Like the others said, it may just take him a little longer, but keep encouraging him to go, take him at regular intervals, and eventually he'll get there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)