Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
Which do you prefer if you need either of those? How long have you had to use/wear them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Replies (41-50):
Danita42
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I have had them since I was 12, so it will be 22 years in June (wow, now I feel older). I do both but usually if I go out with my SO or friends its always contacts!
Marz31
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I have glasses that I currently only wear at work. had em for just under 6 years. not too strong tho, but now I'm one of "those" people who, when I don't have them on, has to hold things out at arms' length to read it :) LOL

AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I hate wearing glasses with a passion when it got to where I had to wear them to drive I got over my fear of contacts. I in fact was soposed to wear glasses for past 17 years during that time I wore them ummm maybe 6 months total. I didnt even own a pair for the past 2 years but I recently bought some at zenni optical (they are super cheap costing -paid $32 total and exactly the same as my $400 pair that were old script) so I have them to wear once in a while.. i still dont but have like 3times in the past 3 months I have had them.

Amy wife 14 years to Bill    kisshomeschooling, proper carseat using and encourging, EMT mom of: Jordan 16, Daniel 11, Mary 9,Jeremy 7 our 26 week miracle, and sometimes a foster mom as well.                                                                       

AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM

see ur doc for a proper contacts script get samples lol dont order them from the doc go to www.daysoftcontactlenes.com they are only $8.88 a box of 32 they compair to the best most comfortable contacts on the market (true eye) they are not cheap made super genericos lol they are made by the ppl that first made daily disposable contacts didnot like the huge markup so sell them on their own now. they are truely AWESOME. I use the classics after I get my 90days worth of acuve moists my ins pays for...

Quoting jaytee:

I wish I could afford contacts. I dislike my glasses.

Amy wife 14 years to Bill    kisshomeschooling, proper carseat using and encourging, EMT mom of: Jordan 16, Daniel 11, Mary 9,Jeremy 7 our 26 week miracle, and sometimes a foster mom as well.                                                                       

jaytee
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I have astigmatism, does it matter? Will they still be that cheap and will the doc be able to give me samples? Do you know? Thanks for the info!

Quoting AmyG1976:

see ur doc for a proper contacts script get samples lol dont order them from the doc go to www.daysoftcontactlenes.com they are only $8.88 a box of 32 they compair to the best most comfortable contacts on the market (true eye) they are not cheap made super genericos lol they are made by the ppl that first made daily disposable contacts didnot like the huge markup so sell them on their own now. they are truely AWESOME. I use the classics after I get my 90days worth of acuve moists my ins pays for...

Quoting jaytee:

Pollymom
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I've had to wear glasses since I was in the 2nd grade...I've hated them ever since. I hate having something on my face all the time. I wore them until I was old enough to have a job and start paying for my own contacts. That was in high school and I've been wearing contacts ever since. I'd love Lasik but can't afford it.

AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM

they don't make them for astigmatism but I had it too and have not had an issue my script with my astigmatism no one actually makes contacts that match my astigmatism, my doc said might get blurry time to time but that never happened I was fine for 3 yrs that I wore contacts that were not torics (for astigmatism) I now since my last appointment (in apr)no longer have an astigmatism yet I did for 14years prier guess that can change so even if they dont work you can always try them later if yours gets better/goes away too. you can always try and if they don't work they refund your money I ordered ones right before my script changed and called them and credited my card back right then and there without me ordering more.

Quoting jaytee:

I have astigmatism, does it matter? Will they still be that cheap and will the doc be able to give me samples? Do you know? Thanks for the info!

Quoting AmyG1976:

Quoting jaytee:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Good point! :)

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

I can see what you both are saying.  My best friend has glasses and loves the concept of contact lenses but he can't stand the thought of putting something in his eye.  So he sticks with his glasses.  And he's one of these big, burly, rough n tough type guys that you would think would have no issue with something like that.  But he does.

For me, I equate it to wearing a tampon.  Once you learn how to insert them properly, once they're in you don't even feel them at all.  I'm talking about the soft lenses.  I tried gas perm once because I was told they were healthier but they feel horrible.  I seriously felt like I was wearing a piece of glass in my eyes.  The soft lenses (I use daily disposable) you seriously can't feel them at all once they are in the eye.

Quoting KylesMom409:

My thoughts exactly! I've watched my brother put his contacts in and it gives me the creeps! LOL I've had glasses since I was about 23 or so.

Quoting brunett34:

I prefer glasses. I've worn them since I was 18. I just couldn't bring myself to get contacts. I can't see myself sticking something in my eyes. I know sounds silly but, just don't like the thought of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junip1977
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I use both.  I wear contacts during the day and as soon as I get home after work I switch to glasses.  I have been wearing contacts now for 15 years or so.  Luckily I have never had any problems with them and am very happy.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I've worn glasses since I was 16 (I'm almost 40). I have both but prefer glasses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)