Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you have grey hair? How old were you when you got them?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:54 AM
  • 72 Replies

I got my first grey hairs in my late 20s but now I have soooo many I have to dye my hair!

Do you have grey hair? How old were you when you got them?

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourpassion
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:55 AM
I have some, started getting them in my 30's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I do have grey hairs and I started seeing mine when I was 14 years old. It got worse after I had my daughter when I was 24 years old, though.

People tend to grey early on my Dad's side of the family. My Granddad's hair turned white when he was 10 years old.

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:04 AM
I got mine in my teens. I've always died my hair, but the front all grows in silver around my hairline. (It looks like my scalp sparkles.) Good thing dh thinks it's sexy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovearcen
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:35 AM

i was 37 when i got my 1st gray, and i plucked it, i am 38 now and i find at least 1-2 grays a month and it drives me insane, that i have resorted to dying my hair... ARGHHHHHH

zoegirlsmom
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I have had them since I was 25, they are becoming more and more plentiful. Highlights still blend them in pretty well, but I found them in my eyebrows the other day. That made me feel old, lol.

happinessforyou
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Yes I do! And my mom was totally grey at 30 or so. I was getting grey hairs in my 20's!!! I blame my mom! The men in her family grey slowly and get a nice salt/pepper look. Not us girls!! We are grey all over-and at a young age! BOO!!! I've been dying my hair a lllonnngggg time! But I refuse to look like my DH's mom instead of his wife so pass the dye! lol

kamrynlily07
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:05 AM
I started getting a few here and there in my late 20s, and I just started needing to dye my hair this year (I'm 32).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kamrynlily07
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:06 AM
LOL...I, too refuse to embrace the gray :)

Quoting happinessforyou:

Yes I do! And my mom was totally grey at 30 or so. I was getting grey hairs in my 20's!!! I blame my mom! The men in her family grey slowly and get a nice salt/pepper look. Not us girls!! We are grey all over-and at a young age! BOO!!! I've been dying my hair a lllonnngggg time! But I refuse to look like my DH's mom instead of his wife so pass the dye! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robbin74
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I have quite a few streaks of gray and I'm 37. I first noticed them when I was in my late 20's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)