Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you use it?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM
  • 37 Replies
My son is going to have surgery on the 21st of may. I was told today that for those who have to commute into the doctors office the Ronald Mcdonald house is available. We would be able to stay there the night before and not have to worry about Sacramento traffic jams. It takes 2 hours to drive there if the roads are clear of traffic and the weather is good. I will not know the time of the surgery until the day before and at that point I cannot arrange the stay. It is very important for us to be at the surgical center on time. And my son cannot eat 8 hours before surgery. Clear fluids are ok until 2 hours before but only in small quantities.
my son will be 5 in June and is being evaluated for autism. He has had a traumatic experience with needles and flips if he sees something even resembling one. Ive been told they usually try to schedule kids early because its easier on them with not being able to eat
Wwyd?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I would

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I would use it.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM
I'd stay. The day will be stressful enough without worrying about traffic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM
We stayed in one when dd was 4big mo old and needed surgery the next morning
and if you halve the option take it that way you're right by the hospital the day of and wont have to rush or worry aboutvtraffic or being late esp when already stressed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoegirlsmom
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Yes. They are such a wonderful option for families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabrielsmom2006
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:38 AM

That's what they are for. Use it and have one less thing to worry about that day. Hugs& Prayers with you and family.

jessiejean
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM

yes!! i wish i used it when my daughter was in the NICU would have made the hour back and forth trips every day easier.

lilcutie79
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM

yes i would and yes we have.  my lil brother got hit by a truck when he was riding his bike and he was in the hospital for about a month.  my mom stayed there off and on for that montha nd when i went to go visit him i stayed there with her. 

MrsJHoward
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Of course! It's a fabulous place and that's why it's there, to help families like yours!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junip1977
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Yes I think you should use it too.  Good luck and hoping all goes well with your son's surgery. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)