Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No matter what I do...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son smells like a wet dog, even worse than a wet dog actually. No matter what shampoo we use, or wash cloth, scrubby or luffa he smells HORRIBLE.  I don't know if it is medical or what. He has a lot of other health issues so this hasn't been top on my list. He goes to school and I really wonder if this is an issue for them there or what. I don't want him being the smelly kid in class anyone please help?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Wantingapproval
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM
It's most likely a medical condition. After I started watching and taking care of my liver my sweat has a sweet smell now and not a grid smell. Get a blood work up done. He could be really sick and you don't know it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkslilncs
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I dunno if I can handle one more ailement with him. I know I must but man really. ~deep breaths~ It is a sulfur smell mixed with mold. I just don't know what it could be.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I can understand why you haven't discussed this with his doctor because of his other health issues, but I would definitely bring it up to him/her because you want to ensure that if whatever is causing it can be treated that it gets done. And of course you don't want him to be subject to teasing and whatnot at school. Keep us posted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziq1982
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I agree with previous poster it could be medical. I know a little boy that is autistic and he has bad constipation. When he doesn't go he has a smell that comes through his skin.

Punkslilncs
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Quoting suziq1982:

I agree with previous poster it could be medical. I know a little boy that is autistic and he has bad constipation. When he doesn't go he has a smell that comes through his skin.

He does have really messy bad BMs cause of a GI issue maybe it is tied to that..  

Generally you focus on keeping your child alive, smells come later. Now that he is not near death the smaller things can be focused on that is why it hasn't been addressed.

mommybug77
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Sorry, good luck
suziq1982
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

The boy that I know that has this issues has leaky gut syndrome. He has to take meds for it. I don't know what your childs medical issues have been but it could be related to his past medical issues or medications. I'm sorry your child has been ill and I hope that he will be well soon and for good.

Quoting Punkslilncs:

Quoting suziq1982:

He does have really messy bad BMs cause of a GI issue maybe it is tied to that..  

Generally you focus on keeping your child alive, smells come later. Now that he is not near death the smaller things can be focused on that is why it hasn't been addressed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)