Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello I'm new to the group and I have a question.

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello ladies. I'm not exactly 30 yet (will be 29 this year), but I have a question and I don't think I'll get very good answers in the 20s group since most are in their early 20's. 

I still get acne like a teen. My face looks horrible and I just want to crawl in a hole and hide when I look in the mirror. Does anyone know of anything that is directed towards older women in the way of face washing?

If you're in the same boat as me how often do you wash your face and what helps you? Also...do you know of any good products out there that minimizes pours? The pours under my eyes are huge. 

Thanks for the help ladies.

in love       girl on a swing            toddler girl

Wife to Josh  Mother to Saria        Mother to Kairi

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
suziq1982
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I don't know but I would try to see a dermatologist. They can help you fix your specific problem.

ElleBee75
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with going to see a dermatologist, but you may also want to see an allergist. In my early to mid thirties I thought I had acne (white heads, blackheads, and pimples) but it wasn't acne it was a food allergy. Once I stopped eating the food new "acne" stopped forming and in 2 weeks my face was 90% clear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:40 AM
At this age, there is usually something systematic causing it. An allergist or dermatologist could be a help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
judahsmommy80
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
We just had to see a dermatologist for our 7month old...he has eczema. He recommended an otc cleanser and lotion called CeraVe. I like to review products before I buy/use them. A lot of the reviews were from women in their mid twenties and thirties. They were saying it works great for adult acne and helps minimize pores and balance oily skin. I haven't tried it for acne but it might be worth looking into. Its worked wonders on his skin so far. You can purchase it at Walmart, CVS or Walgreens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)