Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So proud of my son!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:21 AM
  • 3 Replies
2 moms liked this

We find out in 9 days if my son has autism or not.  We are getting so close!  Anyways, I just had to share.  My son will be 5 in June and plays tee ball.  He started out loving all of it but the past couple of games he has NOT wanted to go in the field.  He loves batting but not playing the field.  So during their first turn in the field he walked over and sat in hubby's lap crying that he wanted to play on the dirt, not the grass.  I told him that if he wanted to play on the dirt he had to try while he was on the grass and catch the ball.  It's the coach's rule that you don't move forward until you can protect yourself from the faster balls.  I also told him that he needed to tell his coach if he wasn't happy with his position.  Hubby finally told him that if he didn't get out there and play he was going home so he walked out on the field.

The ball came towards him and he made a half hearted attempt to catch it.  But generally at least 5 kids are chasing it so he missed.  The next ball came right to him and HE CAUGHT IT!!  It was a grounder but he made the effort and he got the ball!!  He threw it where he was told to and was so proud.  Then it happened again and he caught it again!!  Normally he just stands in the outfield pulling the grass or throwing his glove in the air getting in trouble.  This was HUGE for him!

And thank you coach for noticing!  He hadn't told him anything but the coach saw him catching the ball and moved him to the pitcher's mound!  He was so proud.  The coach stayed right next to him making sure he was paying attention (by now all of the coaches have noticed he needs extra guidance).  The first ball was really fast and he missed it.  But then he caught the ball and managed to throw it to home to get an out!!  I was so proud.  He kept saying "that was my throw that did that!!"

So he loves being in the field now too :)  The next inning he was the second base man.  He was so proud to be promoted to the dirt.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommyJDTJ
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM

wow. good for him!

KeepJeep
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Way to go! Congratulations to your little one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysplace
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM

How wonderful! baseballclapping

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)