Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Hardcore PAWN (Detroit)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  • 28 Replies

OH MY GOODNESS.

I HAVE NOT HEARD SO MUCH CUSSING IN 30 MINS IN A LONG TIME

Does anyone watch this show?

I happened to come across the show last night while I was watching Storage wars...and scanning during the commercials. Thought I would see what it was about...and man....yikes. The people who come in the store are either gang or drug people half the time with stolen goods who end up cussing out the owners/workers and making threats..

I have never been in a pawn shop but now I am scared lol

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xense
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I love that show.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OctMommyof3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I love that show....my husband and I watch it all the time.  The best is when they come in and say "I need $400 dolla", than are told what they brought in isn't even worth $10, but they instist on telling them they ARE going to give them the $400.

One time a lady brought in an old laptop and insisted it was an iPad.  Ashley kept telling her it was NOT an iPad, but they lady kept insisting it was and saying "you don't know whatcha talkin bout".

The other night was the chicken man....

We love watching it to see how dumb some people can be....oh and most pawn shops are not like that...Watch Pawn Stars

I laugh every time....the cussing doesn't bother me one bit   I wonder how much is staged.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM

those were the ones i saw...well i think lol...it was late so must have been repeats..

the chick with the "ipad" "ipod" lol she didnt even know what it was and was yelling how the chick behind the counter didnt know anything about electronics and she wanted a manager lol..

the chicken coop dude? he brought in some living dead girl dolls in a casket...was that it? i felt bad for him...he really needed the money for that coop :-)

Quoting OctMommyof3:

I love that show....my husband and I watch it all the time.  The best is when they come in and say "I need $400 dolla", than are told what they brought in isn't even worth $10, but they instist on telling them they ARE going to give them the $400.

One time a lady brought in an old laptop and insisted it was an iPad.  Ashley kept telling her it was NOT an iPad, but they lady kept insisting it was and saying "you don't know whatcha talkin bout".

The other night was the chicken man....

We love watching it to see how dumb some people can be....oh and most pawn shops are not like that...Watch Pawn Stars

I laugh every time....the cussing doesn't bother me one bit   I wonder how much is staged.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM

it looks VERY staged LOL...the cussing doesnt bother me but it's just way too much...and obviously i cannot watch it with my 5 year old around...just as well it was late at night lol..

Quoting OctMommyof3:

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM

they should put it on comedy channel after south park LOL

Quoting xense:

I love that show.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I love that show. You know they only show the ones that are like that to get people to watch. Yes I am one o them. It is funny to watch some of them. I just can't believe at times how much swearing the staff does.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM

well i have seen enough for the rest of my life lol...not that i am a prude but it is just kinda silly...i'll stick to storage wars lol

Quoting Raeann11:

I love that show. You know they only show the ones that are like that to get people to watch. Yes I am one o them. It is funny to watch some of them. I just can't believe at times how much swearing the staff does.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I can't stand storage wars. It just bugs me.

Quoting aneela:

well i have seen enough for the rest of my life lol...not that i am a prude but it is just kinda silly...i'll stick to storage wars lol

Quoting Raeann11:

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM

ha ha well guess we will be on different channels...i like storage wars cause of how sometimes they find amazing treasures...and then also when they spend like $3K on the unit and only get like $500 back ...i like yard sales and crap so this one is more up my alley lol

Quoting Raeann11:

Quoting aneela:

Quoting Raeann11:

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I love garge sales. I see both as fighting with others and trying to get the most for what you get. But the people on storage wars just bug me. Sometimes the people on hardcore pawn do to and it gets turned off. But I would rather watch that then storage wars.

Oh well both channels have what they want. The have us watching. 

Quoting aneela:

ha ha well guess we will be on different channels...i like storage wars cause of how sometimes they find amazing treasures...and then also when they spend like $3K on the unit and only get like $500 back ...i like yard sales and crap so this one is more up my alley lol

Quoting Raeann11:

Quoting aneela:

Quoting Raeann11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)