• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Recently I received a txt from the woman I babysit for, in the txt she said that she had gotten into a lil altercation at Walmart. Well i txt her back in shock and asked what happened and was she ok, she didnt respond back to, I got in touch with her the next day and asked her what happened and she said she didn't want to talk about it so I left it alone. Anyway a few days later I called a friend of mine and asked her had she heard anything about what happened since we both know her and needless to say I was very worried about her. My friend had not heard anything so she asked someone else and some kind of way it got back to the woman I babysit for who then called me and basically cussed me out and was all upset talking bout I need to mind my business. Of course I was in shock and apologized to her and told her I only inquired out of concern for her, she said I should have asked her if I was so concerned when I reminded her that I had asked her and she said she didnt feel like talking bout it she said I should have left it alone. Mind you know I am still in the dark as to what happened and didn't know why she was so upset cuz I had asked a question.

To make a long story short a friend of mine called me the next day and told me that the woman had gotten into an argument with a friend of mine in the Wal-Mart parking lot. So now she doesn't want me to babysit her kids when I asked her why she wasnt bringing them back she got real snarky and said" cuz they are not coming back". Anyway I havnt spoken to her since everythng happened but she is supposed to come by today to pick the things her kids left here.

My question is do I say somehtng to her cuz I am still pissed bout eveything that happened or should I just ignore her give the stuff and leave it alone. The way I feel now I am not gonna speak to her because I am not in the mood for her nonsense.

So What would you do?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jadegirl1819
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Just answer the door and hand her the stuff then shut the door.  She shouldn't have sent you a vague text but I can understand why she is upset.  Be the bigger person and not start anything.  It's not worth stressing about.

brlee1115
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I would've left it alone after she said she didn't to talk about it. You went behind her back to get info she wasn't ready to talk about. She probably didn't want to start anything between you and your friend. Hopefully by the time she comes over she has calmed down. If so, explain to her that you were wrong and didn't mean to disrespect her. Hopefully she'll change her mind and let you babysit her children.

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Just leave it be - she got you involved in the first place when she texted you then didn't want to talk about it ... she's being a drama queen. Give her the stuff back and walk away

TableforSeven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I would be polite to her - NOT bring up what happened - and kindly give her items back to her.

Honestly - if she said she didn't want to discuss what happened at WalMart you should have left it alone.  You WERE talking about her behind her back by going to someoone else to ask what happened.  Doesn't matter if you really were asking someone else out of concern or if you intended to gossip -- what you did was gossip and talk about this woman behind her back to someone else.  If you really were _that_ concerned - you should have called her again after a few days passed.  If she still didn't want to discuss it - you should have dropped it.  It really wasn't any of your business.  Yes - she brought it up with the initial text...but when she told you she didn't want to discuss it - things should have ended there.

LunaSea97
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM

She's just being a brat and a drama queen. If she didn't want you involved she shouldn't have texted you.

Make the offer again (if she hasn't picked her stuff up yet) but let her know that if she doesn't come get her stuff it will be thrown out/donated/become property at your house for other kids/whatever you want to do with it. Then just leave the ball in her court and if she comes by, she comes by. If not, she was warned.

HTLoveMyBoys
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I agree with this

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

Just answer the door and hand her the stuff then shut the door.  She shouldn't have sent you a vague text but I can understand why she is upset.  Be the bigger person and not start anything.  It's not worth stressing about.

Loving Wife to Matt since 06/17/95.
Dedicated Mom to Shane Wyatt (05/29/96),
Brendan Cole (02/13/99), Liam Everett (04/06/01), Hayden Levi (01/10/03) & Riley Chase (12/28/07)

Maevelyn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I'd just let it go. Adults shouldn't fight in walmart parking lots anyway and she over reacted. Apologize again that she's upset and tell her you hope she finds a good sitter. Let it go with class. 

lovemybabies32
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Yeah thts how I feel about this whole thing...just let roll off me like water on a ducks back.

Quoting Maevelyn:

I'd just let it go. Adults shouldn't fight in walmart parking lots anyway and she over reacted. Apologize again that she's upset and tell her you hope she finds a good sitter. Let it go with class. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I agree.

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)