• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety, help!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, I've dealt with little bouts of anxiety in the past, but I feel like I'm getting worse in this past week.  I've been attending college full-time and not working, but I'll need to have at least a part-time job by August....sure I have 3 months, but I've been applying for part-time and full-time jobs, have gone into 2 very promising interviews last week and I'm just getting worried.  2 years ago, I had a very good job for having no college degree, now I'm half-way to my Bachelor's and applying for jobs that I'm well qualified for and I'm just worried that I won't have a job.  My husband thinks that because I got paid well, and now moved to a city that the income levels or lower, that companies will want to hire someone with the same or less qualifications that got paid less. 

I'm halfway to a Bachelor's in Technology Management, with no work experience in IT, but 12 years clerical/administrative experience (6 of those in analytical/investigative type work).

What should I do?  Should I just be patient, or maybe see a career counselor?  I have no idea what to do. 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Certainly wouldn't hurt to seek a career counselor.

in love                           blowing bubbles

Nathan & Tracey 06.12.99             Grace 10.10.03

Crisd77
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Breathe! I'm 3 classes away from graduating...have been looking for work since I got laid off...and now I'm pregnant! Believe me I know a thing or two about anxiety. Do everything possible to make it work. Try different avenues that you haven't considered before. What makes u say you only have 3 months?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM

St Johns Wort

Becky_mom2three
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I got a job!!  I was feeling so discouraged, but God answered prayers!  Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

kjdama
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:54 AM

You have the good grace to be in a great position for a job with your degree. I, however, am not as technical nor smart as that. I did get a degree in Business Admin and Business Managment, 6 years ago, and have yet to find a job that will hire me. While I was working on my degree I was working 16 hour days as an asstant manager in a thrift store. A little more than halfway through my studies, the new store manager at the time decided to get rid of the "orginal" crew and everyone else quit but me, so she falsified a report that said I was a violent person in the workplace, therefore getting me fired. :o( I went on to finish my degree a year later, but couldn't find a job. I ended up working part time as a yard supervisor in my kids elementary school, then doing part time social home care, and then finally getting a full time job at a new Kohls store that opened up near me. I ended up working with a few interior designers that had lost thier business, a micro physisist (sp? and not sure what the heck that was anyway) that also had lost a job in her field, as well as a few former paralegals, accountants, and other professionals that had lost thier jobs and couldn't find anything else better at the time. Sadly, a family emergency arose, and I had to quit my job after only 3 months and go out of the country for 2 years. I've been back searching for a job for 6 months now, and I CAN'T find a job. Walmart won't even hire me cause I'm "over qualified"  Talk about anxiety. :o( Sorry to hijack your post... I'm just at the point myself that I feel that God isn't answering my prayers at all. :o(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)