Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very rarely do I go to a fast food joint, but now I'm banning them all! *EDIT*

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM
  • 48 Replies

Very very rarely do i ever go to a fast food joint, typically because It's not the healthiest place to eat...

I've been 2 times in this past month and both times it was a horrible thing to go thru.

First the cashier/order taker was rude and a complete mess. Then when I got the food, it wasn't what I ordered at all, the receipt showed my order correctly, but somewhere between them making the food and getting it to me, it went wrong.

I kindly approached them and told them, they came off 'nice' wanting to replace the meal... So I decided to take them up on the offer, and went back several days later for the meal replacement.  ( the sandwichs were free, i paid for drinks & side orders) believe it or not, the order was again wrong! The receipt showed it correctly, but it wasn't delivered correctly...

I'm thinking that the reason could be this, that most of the people working in these places are either young kids, who are still in high school, living at home and only working to make a lil money for clothing and fun teen age stuff and they don't really care about the job or the customers, and or, some of the employees look like thug, gang memebers or ex-cons, tattoos all over, even their face, and to be honest if i seen any of them in a dark alley i would crap my pants, and pass out before I could run in the other direction...

So this has left me thinking, why ever go to a fast food joint? It's not like it was when I was a kid, it's horrible service, and food. The people working there just simply don't care!

Why trust those kinds of people with preparing and handling our food?

Just had to vent, I'm done... I'm just done with all fast food places, if i'm hungry I will just make something in my own home.

I cant believe so many people are defending these types of workers... Unless, you yourself are one of those people...

But let me clairify some things for you. 1. i went there is a very happy mood. 2. My order wasn't anything hard to accomplish.

It was 3 Mcdouble cheese burgers. 2 of them with only mustard & ketchup, the other with only mustard....

Now if thats so hard to put together, then perhaps they shouldn't be working anywhere!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosemagic01
by Holli on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM
10 moms liked this

Tattoo'ed all over doesn't = ex con. 

Ex con doesn't = bad or stupid people. 

My husband is both. He's a very good man. He made bad choices as a young man he did his time and he is completely reformed. He ran a BK for years. He was very respected. He's now a chef. 

There are many reasons factors into bad places. Most of it has to do with managers not caring enough or the company knowing about it. I reported one company after there was an all out bitch fest in back that the entire restraunt heard. All employee's and managers were cleared out and its MUCH better there now. Some times the company needs to be alerted to the bad behavior of some people. But please don't class all people with tats or records as bad people. 

AmyG1976
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

k I dont eat fast food if they can make it that cheap its prob not good but I dont like what you wrote about : being young, living with parents, not needing money, ex cons or tattoos = not wanting to do a good job at work. I know ppl that fall into every one of those that all work and work hard and do good at their jobs. min wage to fry shit in a hot kit with bad managers and management and crappy rude customers umm that maybe.  either way though I hate fast food and we never do it.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 5 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

happinessforyou
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't go to any fast food because the food is well-horrible!!! Add in the crappy service, wrong orders, cold food AND it all has 5 ba-zillion calories, AND it tastes BAD  I think it is just a waste of $$$.

Maybe we should just rename fast food "Crap Food". At least that name is accurate.

hismommy2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry If i emplied that ALL people with tattoos are bad people or ex - cons...  i too have a few tattoos myself. However, they are not all over my face. Also it's very rare to see an upscale citizen working a fast food joint, now if they are the General manager running the joint, ok. But if they are a swing manager or trainer or regular crew.... They typically are a teen, or a 'bad person'... I'm a business owner and I employee people, trust me I've seen it all!

Traci_Momof2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Eh, I think you can have that kind of experience with any type of minimum wage or barely over min wage job.  I think it comes down to people not caring enough about their job, not having proper job ethics.  What you've experienced in fast food you could just as easily experience at a movie theatre or at the roller skating rink or whatever it may be.

Personally, I've had one too many bad experiences recently with McD's, so they are on my shit-list.  I haven't banned them completely, but as much as I can, I now pick BK over McD's.  However, for every person like me, there is another one mad at BK and picking McD's instead.

But hey, if you can avoid fast food completely, I say more power to you.  As you said, it's not exactly healthy eating.

chinosruca
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:15 PM
3 moms liked this
I am an ex con and I have tattoos....and I do a great job (not in fast food, but obviously you have a problem with certain people, not fast food). I actually got the highest rated review & highest raise in my group of peers on the same level at my job.My BIL is a convict with tattooson his face. He works hard, is a good guy, takes care of his kids, pays bills, pays taxes. Hell, my husband is one too (a tattood convict). We paid our dues. Get over it. Those people your judging might come in handy one day. You never know.

Maybe they have new employees that need better training or a glitch in their computers that show the wrong thing when filling orders. Luckily, on the rare occaision I eat fast food, they get my order right. The one time they got it wrong the manager gave me a free burger and drink.

I have had more mistakes on my orders at dine in restaraunts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hismommy2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

You are half right... I DO have an issue with fast food joints AND a 'certain' kind of people. Yes, if you are a bum, didn't have the motivation or self discipline to complete school and do something with your life, and instead decided to drop out of school,  job hop from one min wage job to the next, while partying and getting tattoos, YES i have an issue with that certain kind of people!

I'm not going to lie about it 

chinosruca
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM
7 moms liked this
Who says they are bums? You? Just because they work fast food means they are all dropouts and or job hop? Really? I have a good friend at work that works at McDonalds. She does it because her granddaughter is sick & the family needs the extra money. She could work at other places, but McDonalds was one of the only ones willing to work around her full time job (which has odd scheduling). Not all people that work fast food are partying, tattoo whoring dumb asses.

Fast food is honorable work. You can have dumb asses at any kind of job. My nephew works fast food to help pay for college. He worked there through high school to help pay his private school tuition. Oh shit, he has tattoos.....he must be a partying flake with no future. Yeah right.
Get over yourself.

I hope you don't teach your kids to judge people based on looks or job choices. This is one of the ways bullying morons are created. It starts at home.

Quoting hismommy2010:

You are half right... I DO have an issue with fast food joints AND a 'certain' kind of people. Yes, if you are a bum, didn't have the motivation or self discipline to complete school and do something with your life, and instead decided to drop out of school,  job hop from one min wage job to the next, while partying and getting tattoos, YES i have an issue with that certain kind of people!

I'm not going to lie about it 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gavs4boys
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this

You need to inderstand that not all fast food places are like that.  I'm a manager at a fast food place and I can tell you that we are by far rude!  Yes on rare occasions when it's busy we may mess up an order (sorry we are only human).  When it does happen it's NOT because we are teenagers or ex cons with tatoos all over ourselves.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience but don't go on ranting about how they are all bad. 

hismommy2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Someone who already has a full time job and is doing this as extra medical income... Yeah, I'm NOT talking about them. But as a teen I worked in fast food, had MANY co workers who were ex cons, and then there were the teens that still lived with mommy and daddy and no, not one of them cared about how they treated the customer, or about getting the order right, or even cleaning things properly.

So save your BS for someone else!

You are not going to convince me that mcdonalds workers are upscale people! Sorry not buying into it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)