• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sure - wait until 4:25 to email me

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am so annoyed I could scream.

Backstory - 
I've been working on an event for the school.  We had a very nice flyer created for the event and the principal decided last week that we should get it professionally printed.  So - even though we had planned to 'launch' the event last Monday (April16) we didn't even get it in to the printer until Tuesday (April 17).  They told me 3-5 days to get it done.  On Thursday (at the principal's request) - I called to check on the status of our order....I was told it would take the 5 days because they are backed-up.  Fine - whatever.
Monday I called again (again at the principal's request) and was told it would be done on Tuesday....or possibly 'mid-week'.

Today is Wednesday - I called this morning (again at the principal's request) - the lady said she'd check on our order and call me back.l  A few minutes later - she calls me and says the order will be "done around lunch-time" and she'll call me as soon as it is done.  So - I wait...and wait...and wait....lfor a phone call.
At 4:25pm - I get an EMAIL (not even a phone call) saying that the order is ready and can be picked up between 9am and 4:30pm Mon-Fri!  I can't get down there in 5 freakin' minutes!  grrrrrrrr 

The school has been using this same printer for YEARS...and we know we're being over-charged...but we thought since we use them all the time we'd get our order done promptly for this event.  The principal was already annoyed with this company after other stuff they've done to the school this year -- but he's the one who told me to call them.  I think this will definitely be the LAST project we do with this company (I'll certainly never work with them again if I have ANY choice).

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
happinessforyou
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Unprofessional/ incompetent  people work everywhere! Sorry you are struggling with this. I hope the Principal remembers this for next time!

TableforSeven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I've never met the woman I've been dealing with...and I've never had to deal first-hand with this company before - but the principal has told me they've been having increasingly annoying problems with the company all year.

I have been VERY nice and professional every time I've spoken to the woman on the phone.
I almost think I should have someone else pick up the order tomorrow because I mgiht get snarky when I'm face-to-face with her (especially if my allergy meds haven't kicked in before I get there when they open the doors at 9am). 

Quoting happinessforyou:

Unprofessional/ incompetent  people work everywhere! Sorry you are struggling with this. I hope the Principal remembers this for next time!

haute_couture
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Why don`t you send the above post to the company management? Why don`t you ask them are they joking with their clients? Sending you an e-mail you`re welcome to pick up your order in the next 5 minutes at least to me seems like a joke...  As well as their working time - till 4, 30 p.m.??????? Excuse me, who is working nowadays till 4, 30 p.m.??????? Even my bank has got a branch in the local mall that is working till 10 p.m. Probably this company is considering its printing services invaluable...

TableforSeven
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:24 AM

They definitely do think they are 'it' when it comes to printing in this area.  I'm not sure HOW the school got started with them....but I think for years they just kept using them without even pricing jobs around (which I did for this job and found a better price elsewhere -- I actually spoke to the owner of this place and got 1/3 knocked off the price of part of the job because I told him we could get it done much cheaper somewhere else ($300 instead of $450)) -- I'm sure that me doing that didn't help the lady get to our project any faster.

I am going to 'chat' with them when I pick the order up about how displeased we are with how this entire project has been treated.

Quoting haute_couture:

Why don`t you send the above post to the company management? Why don`t you ask them are they joking with their clients? Sending you an e-mail you`re welcome to pick up your order in the next 5 minutes at least to me seems like a joke...  As well as their working time - till 4, 30 p.m.??????? Excuse me, who is working nowadays till 4, 30 p.m.??????? Even my bank has got a branch in the local mall that is working till 10 p.m. Probably this company is considering its printing services invaluable...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)