Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does she still have her kids?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

So Im sitting here watching TMZ.  Normally I don't watch this show but Im too lazy to get up and change the channel.  So this story comes on about Octomom spending $520 on a Brazillian Blow out.  Seriously?  This chich has something like 15 kids she cannot afford and is on welfare now, spending yours and my hard earned money on her damn hair.  This chick is getting 2 grand a month in food stamps along with probably other benefits and she has the freaking nerve to spend that kind of money on her hair!  Really?  A blowdryer and hair brush is too good for her?  What is wrong with this chick.  Then the show goes on to say that the plumbing in the house is broken so the children are squatting in the backyard on training potties.  The plumber comes to the house and tells her how much it will cost to fix the problem and she tell him she doesn't have the money.  I wonder why?!  But there are people who spank their kid once and CPS is all over them taking their kids.  She has 15, no food, no job, being evicted, to plumbing, and spending money on her hair, yet still has her kids.  Where is the justice in that.  There is something seriously wrong here.

Click here for story

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maevelyn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Why did she get inseminated on welfare to begin with? I get that people have reproductive rights but the human society in Jax woun't let you take a dog home unless you can prove you have a place to keep it! Doctors should have a moral responciblity to the child being created. We hold dads accountable if you inseminate some one with a crazy number of kids w/o seeing if they can afford it then you foot the dang bill! 

Diva-Mami
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM

She already had 6.  Someone should have sent her for a psyc eval before doing it.  Now we the people are paying for her and her kids and it aint right.  I would rather pay for somone who lost their job than someone that is really just a burden on society.  She is such a waste.

amax2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM

that is so sad:( those poor kids. I can' t believe that. Theres "do not enter" on the door she locked the kids in. I'd like to know where she goes potty, I doubt shes squatting outside. Maybe she doesn't need to go or shes one of the lucky ones and she doesn't stink. CPS needs to get involved, which is so sad because the kids will end up separated. I wish I had a bigger home and the money to take them all. They are going to have psycologiocal problems because of their "mom"

HTLoveMyBoys
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I feel so bad for those kids :(

Loving Wife to Matt since 06/17/95.
Dedicated Mom to Shane Wyatt (05/29/96),
Brendan Cole (02/13/99), Liam Everett (04/06/01), Hayden Levi (01/10/03) & Riley Chase (12/28/07)

HIJKLM
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM
She wasn't on welfare until recently

Quoting Maevelyn:

Why did she get inseminated on welfare to begin with? I get that people have reproductive rights but the human society in Jax woun't let you take a dog home unless you can prove you have a place to keep it! Doctors should have a moral responciblity to the child being created. We hold dads accountable if you inseminate some one with a crazy number of kids w/o seeing if they can afford it then you foot the dang bill! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rvm_fletch
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this
This lady completely baffles me! How on earth did she ever think it was ok to get inseminated when she already had so many children? How is six not enough, especially since some had disabilities?
If I recall correctly, she says she saved for her IVF treatments when she had a job previously but she already had six kids and no job! Shouldn't that money been spent on the children she did have first?
And because she has so many children she of course cannot work but has a posh house in a nice neighborhood, gets help from the government as well as other sources. I take it a little personally because as two hard working adults, my husband and I have decided to stop at 2 kids because 3 would possibly compromise our finances and here she gets fertility treatments and government help for being blatantly irresponsible. The whole situation is utterly ridiculous! And, sadly, it will be the children who suffer the most from the circumstances she enabled.
Allissa
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad that I stopped at 2 kids. Where I live, you're lucky if you can even get a fast food job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:13 PM
So do I. :(

Quoting HTLoveMyBoys:

I feel so bad for those kids :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I can't stand hearing her name come up. I always feel bad for her children.

WesternNYmom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM

This woman is just loopy.  I saw her  on the View, and had the same reaction to her that Whoppie did.  Who in their right mind would go out and get pregnant again when they already have 6 kids that they can't afford to take care of?  I really think that Octomom is trying to get back into the spotlight again, but she is going about it the wrong way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)