Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you buy for your new home?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM
  • 19 Replies

We are agreeing to the counter offer and since we've been in an apartment so long, I really need some suggestions on what some things that are "must haves" to move in?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsJHoward
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I need new couches...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:33 PM

plunger, (I'm not kidding) basic tool set, garden hose, ladder, rake, shovel, broom to use on the porch if you have one, drawer liners, uninteresting stuff like that. 

Nina.h
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Must haves for the house like 2 car garage & washer/dryer hook ups or decor/cleaning supplies & etc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

the counter offer is being put thru tomorrow, so the house and everything including the garage is there. just wondering about what are things you have to have. we've lived in an apartment for some time so this is new to me and i am feeling overwhelmed so need to brainstorm a list of things.

so far my list is a lawnmower, a retractable clothesline, and like the PP said, a plunger LOL we have one now but the house has 2 bathrooms so I didn't even think about getting duplicates of things like that

Quoting Nina.h:

Must haves for the house like 2 car garage & washer/dryer hook ups or decor/cleaning supplies & etc?

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Good starter list. :)

Quoting Maevelyn:

plunger, (I'm not kidding) basic tool set, garden hose, ladder, rake, shovel, broom to use on the porch if you have one, drawer liners, uninteresting stuff like that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nina.h
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Hmm...not sure what you already have but...hangers, light bulbs, curtains, maybe paint?, a table cloth, new towels (both for the bathrooms & kitchen), scented stuff (plug ins, candles etc), spice rack, those things you hang over the door for towels or your robe...if I think of more I'll be back! :-)

Quoting annaica:

the counter offer is being put thru tomorrow, so the house and everything including the garage is there. just wondering about what are things you have to have. we've lived in an apartment for some time so this is new to me and i am feeling overwhelmed so need to brainstorm a list of things.

so far my list is a lawnmower, a retractable clothesline, and like the PP said, a plunger LOL we have one now but the house has 2 bathrooms so I didn't even think about getting duplicates of things like that

Quoting Nina.h:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofgirl1974
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I would suggest smoke detectors and fire extinguisher.

Good luck with everything!

Maevelyn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

lol I forgot trash cans. I didn't think about those till I had a bag of trash to take out. 

Quoting KylesMom409:

Good starter list. :)

Quoting Maevelyn:

Maevelyn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Yard bags (you'll need those to throw out major trast too when you move or do home inprovements) blinds for the windows, extension cords if you have DIY stuff to do. 

Shaken1976
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

A new trash can.  Bathroom trashcans, waterhose, lamps, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)