Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

When you were TTC, how long until you got pregnant?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you get lucky on the first try or did it take months, or even years?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Replies (71-79):
larabear1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Dd was a surprise, by the time she was 4 we realized we wanted another. Her little brother was born one day after her 8th bday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowhunter2012
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Its hard some days, but my husband and myself always said there is a reason for everything. So, we spent a lot of time spoiling our nephews. We also helped out with a lot of youth activities. It dose not make it easier or better, it just helped me spending time with them. If you ever need to talk I'm here. There were many days I cried and wondered what I had done in order to not have a kid of my own. Sending many hugs and happiness to you and yours ;)

Quoting RayJess31206:

Congrats on finally having a baby! I couldnt imagine TTC for that long! We have been for eight months and im already staing to get sad ;(

Quoting bowhunter2012:

We tried from 2000 and had our son dec 2011

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Macksmom2006
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:36 AM
We started TTC in October 1998, did 5 IUI cycles and miscarried on 2 of them. IVF #1 in 2000 resulted in twin miscarriage, IVF #2 same as #1 in early 2001.... IVF #3,4 were no success. 2003-4 hyper stimmed on 2 cycles, 2005 did a FET and DD #1 born in 7/06. June 2007 IVF #6 resulted in twins DD's being born at 32 weeks in 3/08.

We battled and over came infertility. But we were blessed to have health insurance in massachusetts where it is mandated.
ChrystalGreene
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM

It took 2 years and 2 months the first time

and now we have been trying for 2 years and 6 months and no baby.

celestegood
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:42 AM

first time, five and a half years.

Second time, two weeks.

Third time, a year and a half-we weren't actively trying, but I wanted it to happen when it was time.  I got pregnant when my third son was a year and a half.  It took a while because we were breastfeeding.

nickigoingon8
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Well, this last time it took us a month. I think the longest it has ever taken me is 6 months and that was with my 6th pregnancy the rest were pretty quick. Actually I think the rest were a month maybe two at the most. I am now PG with number 8 and this one took a month too.

jesusgirl76
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM

When we were trying, it was a couple of years. When we stopped trying it took about 2 months. lol.

AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM

the two times we tried it happened the first time. I will be trying again but for some friends and a doc will be used to shot the man batter in hoping for their finances that it works the first time.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 5 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

RayJess31206
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I know that must've been hard!! ;( thank you! With our DS#1 it was a suprise..now hes three and we want another one.. im so thankful for him, and i want to bless him with sisters and brothers!

Quoting bowhunter2I know 012:

Its hard some days, but my husband and myself always said there is a reason for everything. So, we spent a lot of time spoiling our nephews. We also helped out with a lot of youth activities. It dose not make it easier or better, it just helped me spending time with them. If you ever need to talk I'm here. There were many days I cried and wondered what I had done in order to not have a kid of my own. Sending many hugs and happiness to you and yours ;)

Quoting RayJess31206:

Congrats on finally having a baby! I couldnt imagine TTC for that long! We have been for eight months and im already staing to get sad ;(

Quoting bowhunter2012:

We tried from 2000 and had our son dec 2011

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)