Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What was your most successful route to weight loss?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM
  • 31 Replies

I'm experiencing that lull in my metablosim finally, where its evident I'm going to have to lose some weight and keep it off.....  What is your success story?  How much weight did you lose?  Any rollercoastering?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
One_Of_A_Kind
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a diabetic. I have lost 60lbs over 6months due to counting my carbs, walking and taking a non insulin shot called victoza. I am not on insulin at all and trying my hardest to stay off of it. I do have to take a pill called metformin.

nodramamama311
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Unfortunately my most successful weight loss was not done in a healthy way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM

It has taken me about 8 months to lose 21 lbs.I'm 5"2 and weighed 141 and now I'm 120,which is my goal weight.I basically had to change my whole lifestyle.Before I was a couch potato and I would eat lots of junk food.Never excersized.Now I have a 20 minute weight training session every morning(just at home,got some ideas from Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred") which combines 5 lb hand weights with cardio.Then I go for a mile long walk.I take another mile long walk in the afternoon also. I count calories and watch the amount of sugar I eat.Sugar is a huge downfall for anyone trying to lose weight.I drink alot more water and I drink green tea. I have not "roller coastered" yet.:)

in love                           blowing bubbles

Nathan & Tracey 06.12.99             Grace 10.10.03

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I am going to do the gastric sleeve surgery this August. I feel like I have way too much weight to lose on my own. 

FishMomFl
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I'm going through the same thing with my metabolism.  Just started using Sensa (hard to find sensa in stores)and so far it's been working good.  We'll have to see how well though over the next few weeks.   I'm always a bit skeptical of these types of products.  I've been watching my carbs and trying to get on a normal exercise routine, but it's hard with all the daily duties involved around the house.

chinosruca
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Eating lots of healthy veggies & fruits, lean meats, limiting sugar, increasing water, being more active, joining a gym, watching less tv, being positive.

And most importantly for me was writing down every bite of food & exercise & weighing in every day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:21 PM
I like the idea of writing everything down. :)

Quoting chinosruca:

Eating lots of healthy veggies & fruits, lean meats, limiting sugar, increasing water, being more active, joining a gym, watching less tv, being positive.

And most importantly for me was writing down every bite of food & exercise & weighing in every day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Keeping a food journal and replacing high calorie drinks with water. I lost 30lbs 2 years ago and have kept it off.

momof3_dll
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a lifestyle change. I use myfitnesspal.com to track calories and exercise. I eat whole foods, lots of water, no soda, and eat 6 small meals a day to keep glucose levels in check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Breast feeding. I dropped 35lbs...only gsined11 during preg. Whottt for the boobies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN