Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

DOES YOUR DH NEED YOUR PERMISSION TO HANG OUT WITH THE GUYS?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 124 Replies

Are you one of those wives who gripes if Dh spends some time with his guy freinds? I have heard of women who throw a fit and get upset if their man wants to hang out with his freinds and frankly I never understood this, cuz men need their down time just like we do as women.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weirdkids
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM
He doesnt need it but he asks for it anyway. When I go out with friends though its an argument all the way to the car! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikkij-j
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I don't ever get me time.  I don't complain if he goes out but he ALWAYS asks anyway.

mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I only complain when it gets too much.  Like several hours at a time, 4+ times a week, and also depending on what's going in life at the time.

acrogodess
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I don't throw a fit, bit if I need to ask if I can hang out so does he. It works for us. We schedule our weekends out to make sure one of us is always with the kids. 

Acid
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope.

I'm his wife not his mommy.

chinosruca
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Hanging with the guys for my husband is surfing. He asks if he can go, but doesn't have to. The only time I have ever said no is when I have a migraine & need help with the kids.....which isn't all that often. He is surfing right now with his friends and my oldest daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not his mother. We respect each other enough that we make sure "it's ok", as in making sure the other didn't have plans or that kind of thing. But I take the time I need and he does as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:36 PM
3 moms liked this

He doesn't need my permission, but he does need to inform me of his plans.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

SDarvasi
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

NEVER!! My SO is a man, he can do what he wants. I think it's important that he gets that time to himself and his friends. And it also helps when I want to have time with MY friends too. =)

It's just so much more enjoyable when he's at home now because I don't bitch at him for being out. I know where he is so why stress myself out? I love the extra mommy time with the kids! ANd the TV!!! lol

TaylorFam02
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM
I don't care, my hubby rides quads with his friends. But he does need to make sure I'll be home to take care of the kids/responsibilities- just like I do when I go out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN