Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Looking for Advice

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am the mother of a beautiful 9yr old girl. She is sweet, thoughtful, incredibly and incredibly intelligent. Due to financial difficulties I had to take her out of private school and put her in public. She adjusted just fine but there is a girl in her class that is so effin annoying! She's also 9 but acts as if she is 4, having tantrums over foolishness such as lint she collects and plays (wtf?).
Throughout the school year she has constantly pestered my daughter taking her lunch bag and throwing into the garbage, begging her for her snacks, pulling on her, pushing her, yelling directly in her ear, etc. etc.
There have been meetings between the girl, my daughter and the teacher. The teacher brought the guidance counselor up to speak to the class on a whole and the kids that sit at her table to ask them to practice patient in dealing with her because she is disruptive in class.
I have spoken to the girl's mother and vented my frustrations and asked her to control her daughter. That was in February. Since then the lil girl has continued to pester my daughter AND has told her that her mother doesn't like Black people and neither does she so she doesnt have to stop bothering my daughter.
I am a 5'11" 195lbs African American woman with anger management issues! I have spoken to the teachers, I have spoken to the guidance counselor and I have spoken to the girls mother and she still is bothering my daughter.

Besides beating the Mother's ass, what else should I try?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
annasew
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:49 PM

try contacting the school board and let them know your daughter is being bullied and you have already informed the school and talked to the parents and still nothing is being done.  

htreveth
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Try beating the mom's ass ;)
Can you request your daughter to be moved to another class? Also at the end of the year put in a special request that they not be in the same class together. They may not honor it but it is worth a try.
It might end up being a hard lesson for your daughter in tolerance and patience. I am sorry. That sux. My son is dealing with the same issue but without the racism. And it is bad enough. I cam only imagine how infinitely worse that would be. (((Hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3monkeys2love
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd go to someone higher in the school district and well if it was my child I'd tell her to do WHATEVER she had to defend herself from the other child. My boys know that if they are defending themselves they may get in trouble at school but at home they will not be punished. You have done just about everything you can to protect your daughter so now it may be time to fight fire with fire.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElleBee75
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Thank you all for your advice. I am trying not to get hostile and violent but I've never had to deal with anything like this. And I want to exhaust all my rational options before I get irrational.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hilary799
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to the principal, then the school board! Don't stop until something is done!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I'm sorry your daughter has to deal with that, but I think you have to go in with a "Get that brat away from my child or else I am calling a lawyer!"

I read today of parents getting restraining orders against other children so their kids could learn in peace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)