Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

rant 'n' rave before bed

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

I recently became a stay at home mom. I know what it entails. I did it when I had summers off from my school job.

Today I could just slap my husband. I am 23 weeks pregnant, nursing an 18 month old and don't ask him to do anything but take out the trash once a week (I put the bags outside when full the other days), eat dinner I make, do our daughters bath (dinner and bath time last about 2 hours max, as DD goes to bed at 7pm) and give me 15 minutes in the morning to shower. I do everything else. I am OK with this arrangement. I feel like I'm pulling my weight.

He continuously makes me feel bad and guilty about the 15 minutes I need to shower, as our daughter rarely sleeps well during naps. (our shower and bathroom fan are directly under her room so it wakes her when I try to shower during her nap.) He takes his time making breakfast, doing shipping labels, getting ready in the morning. All these things can be done while hanging out with our daughter. I don't understand how he can put on clean clothes I wash for him with the laundry soap/dryer sheets HE wants (I disagree with the chemicals in them, but do it so he doesn't bitch) and wash himself in a clean bathroom I clean and not give me a few minutes while he makes breakfast. UGH!

I know tomorrow I'll be over it and he'll apologize and we'll be good for another few months, but for some reason he just gets stuck on a**hole mode and I just want to punch him in the face (I would never do that, but I'm a little punk rock and gotta say it).

OK. rant over. I know it's petty and not as important as some other posts, I just needed to get it off my giant, pregnant chest before bed. thanks for reading.

Goodnight.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hilary799
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:28 PM
I hope you get some sleep toight and feel better tomorrow. Goodnight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larabear1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:34 PM
When you gotta let it out, let it out! We're here to listen or read as the case may be!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:08 AM

That would bug me too!

maidjillian
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:15 AM
3 moms liked this

No, it is important!  Your feelings are valid. 

#1 don't let him make you feel guilty.  Don't buy into it.  I grew up in a household where guilt was the norm.  No more. It doesn't work on me.  It totally irriates my mom that it doesn't work anymore, haha!  Seriously though, let him try to make you feel guilty, and watch it not work.  You DESERVE a 15 minsute shower!  Heck, you DESERVE an hour bath! 

corinthians81
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with this!! hugs,hope it gets better for you.

Quoting maidjillian:

No, it is important!  Your feelings are valid. 

#1 don't let him make you feel guilty.  Don't buy into it.  I grew up in a household where guilt was the norm.  No more. It doesn't work on me.  It totally irriates my mom that it doesn't work anymore, haha!  Seriously though, let him try to make you feel guilty, and watch it not work.  You DESERVE a 15 minsute shower!  Heck, you DESERVE an hour bath! 

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I'm sorry hon. You have every right to be upset about it. 

babydue1105
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:57 AM
Lol, I'm a SAHM also, and when my DH takes a nap whenever he feels like it (my DD doesn't nap well either) I want to bash his snoring ass!!!! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Keep your hands too yourself, don't use physical force, to get him to do, what you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsrobin
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I'm better this morning. DD got up early so we have more time to do things in the morning. Thanks ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I would not be happy. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN