Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craving the stuff I KNOW I can't have...Anyone Else?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM
  • 26 Replies

I'm not completely miserable, but annoyed. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and for some reason all I want is the stuff that is a BIG no-no. Like cake batter or brie cheese. I don't normally HAVE to have these foods, maybe it's a case of "wanting what you can't have" in the WORST way. Anyone else in this boat?

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChrystalGreene
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Not now but when I was prago YES !!!

Dr. told me not to eat Tuna or any fish, no cold lunch meat it had to be hot or any soft cheese and latter I developed Diabetes and Craved... Pasta, pizza and SWEETS ALL the time !!!!!  I was on a very hard diet and hated it:  NO carbohydrates of any kind or sweets not even juice :(

elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this
That sucks! Why can't you have Brie? I think most, if not all cheese in the us is pasteurized... I never knew that, haven't been preggo in a while! Maybe laughing cow? When I was pg I adored some laughing cow cheese with some baguette pieces!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AphrexiaX
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Wow, so much you can't eat now when pregnant. I ate brie and liverwurst the whole time I was preggo with my youngest. Doc said it was my bodies way of saying it needed something (iron in the liverwurst and the calcium in the cheese). And I ate tuna and the like with all of my pregnancies. But my youngest is 9.

CoachyMom
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I say give in to your craving. You can make an eggless cake batter and brie made in the US is fine. It is cheese from other countires that is sometimes made with unpasterized milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beans13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM
When I was prego all I wanted was Feta. After I gave birth my mom bought me a huge block and I ate it in a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:42 AM
There is nothing wrong with having tuna occasionally during pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsrobin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Try cold stone creamery cake batter ice cream!

Sorry about the cheese. Can't help with that.

I'm 23 Weeks and crave that stuff too. Like sushi. Yum. Although I love that all time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darciemelvin
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:43 AM

im 28 weeks & 2 days, and ive craved basically everything i shouldnt eat... cheeses, cakes, chocolate galore, soda... and i ate it all too ! & guess what, my midwife is very pleased with my amount of weight ive gained, my sugars are perfect, blood pressure is perfect, everthing. just eat it in moderation ! it is said that if you eat a small amount of something you are craving, that you will feel satisfied with it and get less cravings for it... but if you DONT eat what you crave, then you crave it even more than ever. my mom said she ate a big mac when she was pregnant with me EVERY single day, ew ! and a hot fudge sundae every day when pregnant with my sister... and we're both perfectly healthy :)

darciemelvin
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:44 AM

nope there isnt ! my midwife told me that i can have seafood once a week during my pregnancy. & i do !

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

There is nothing wrong with having tuna occasionally during pregnancy.

bmw29
by Bobbie on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Personally I think all of these new dietary restrictions are ridiculous and I wouldn't follow even half of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)