Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I am wondering if you pay for your teenagers traffic tickets?

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
kblpooh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:46 AM
I don't have kids old enough to drive yet but will make them pay it. If they don't have the money I will pay it and they will have to work it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justme91755
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:59 AM

My kids never got traffic fines until they were adults but they knew they were responsible for any tickets, fines or fees if they were driving.  If they were in an accident they knew they were responsible for any deductible.  We paid the insurance and they apid for their own up keep on the vehicles such as oil changes, tires and repairs including towing.   My oldest was in college when her car broke down and she left it in a parking lot and they had it towed.  She lost the car because it cost more to pay the towing and impound fees than the car was valued at so she rode the bus for a while until she got a new car.  I think if they are mature enough to drive they should be responsible for the vehicle

_brownie
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Our son isn't old enough but at that time he would have a job to go with his license. He should pay for his own mishaps.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I am not there yet, but I won't.  If it is something that needs to be paid upfront, then I would, but that child would pay it back.

Allissa
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I've got 10 years to go for that, but my answer will always be "no."

Quoting Gallifrey:

I haven't got a child that old yet but no if they ever got a traffic ticket I would not pay for them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I don't have a teenager yet, but thank you for the warning, I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.  My husband (reading over my shoulder) said he would pay it, but he will make him pay it back, and boy will he pay.....LOL! 

AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

why the hell would I do that? so far my teen dont have a lic but when she does in about a month and hopefully we will have gotten her a car by then as well NO she will pay ins gas and if she gets tickets she will be a passenger in my car again for a while. they wont be paid they will be punished though

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 5 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are not of driving age yet, but  when my kids start driving and they get pulled over, they are paying thier own fines.  I had to pay for my own traffic and parking tickets.  I will expect my kids to do the same.  I know it sounds harsh, but I agree with my parents. They aren't going to learn their lesson if I bail them out everytime they get in trouble.

AubreeLynn7
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I don't have a child that drives yet, however, they would paying it. I would loan them the money but they'd have to pay it back.

arnptee
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Never. I have adults children now; but if they're old enough to drive and get tickets, they're old enough to pay for them.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. -Prov 4:23

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN