Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Was I wrong to say this?

Posted by   + Show Post

My mother and I don't talk anymore since about 2 years ago when my sister asked to borrow $15,000 dollars and my husband and I refused to give it to her. My sister turned my whole family against me, fine I've dealt with it. About a week ago, my sister emailed me the following. I don't talk to any member of my family anymore and got this:

Nic-

I heard your moving....can we have the address? I want to make sure we can send our condolence cards to you when your twins come out all retarted and stupid since your so fucking old and having TWO babies! God what a whore. Attention seeker sound familar??? Well hopefully you don't get hit by a semi on your way to the new house.....Oh by the way, Hank and I are expecting our 2nd child. NIce timing with your  babies. 

Yeah, my sister is a peach. I rarely even listen to this anymore and it doesn't fase me, I just make sure I pray hard to God that he protects me and my family. So if this wasn't enough, my mom texted me, yes TEXTED me today.:

Look, your sister is extremely hurt that you are pregnant again. You know she has had problems getting pregnant. She doesn't need you parading around your pregnant. Thanks for making sure we knew you were pregnant....we haven't even met our latest granddaughter and now you have two more coming. We are officially not family anymore. 

This one actually got to me, so I texted her back;

We have never been family. I can not control what Mark and I do with our family. God has blessed me with the most amazing kids. There is a reason you have never met your latest grandchildren, and that is because I don't want them around people who want the worst for them. We are moving in June and changing our numbers. You all have no right to contact me or my family ever. If I get another harrasing email from Liz or you I will call the police and file reports against you. The fact that Liz has emailed me saying she hopes there is things wrong with my children is WRONG! I hope she has a healthy and happy pregnancy. 

Was I wrong to reply to my mom? There was no other reply today. Thank god! 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (31-32):
FLmom26
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Not wrong at all. You're right to cut ties, I'm sure you and your family will be much better off without that negativity. At the same time, I'm sure it does still hurt that "blood" family treats your this way. And you say it started over money? So sad (on their part) I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hugs to you and good luck with your move and your pregnancy! :)

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM

You were right to say what you did, and I agree about changing email addresses (or blocking your pathetic excuse for a family, if you can). Congrats on the twins! They're going to be beautiful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)