Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Was I wrong to say this?

Posted by   + Show Post

My mother and I don't talk anymore since about 2 years ago when my sister asked to borrow $15,000 dollars and my husband and I refused to give it to her. My sister turned my whole family against me, fine I've dealt with it. About a week ago, my sister emailed me the following. I don't talk to any member of my family anymore and got this:

Nic-

I heard your moving....can we have the address? I want to make sure we can send our condolence cards to you when your twins come out all retarted and stupid since your so fucking old and having TWO babies! God what a whore. Attention seeker sound familar??? Well hopefully you don't get hit by a semi on your way to the new house.....Oh by the way, Hank and I are expecting our 2nd child. NIce timing with your  babies. 

Yeah, my sister is a peach. I rarely even listen to this anymore and it doesn't fase me, I just make sure I pray hard to God that he protects me and my family. So if this wasn't enough, my mom texted me, yes TEXTED me today.:

Look, your sister is extremely hurt that you are pregnant again. You know she has had problems getting pregnant. She doesn't need you parading around your pregnant. Thanks for making sure we knew you were pregnant....we haven't even met our latest granddaughter and now you have two more coming. We are officially not family anymore. 

This one actually got to me, so I texted her back;

We have never been family. I can not control what Mark and I do with our family. God has blessed me with the most amazing kids. There is a reason you have never met your latest grandchildren, and that is because I don't want them around people who want the worst for them. We are moving in June and changing our numbers. You all have no right to contact me or my family ever. If I get another harrasing email from Liz or you I will call the police and file reports against you. The fact that Liz has emailed me saying she hopes there is things wrong with my children is WRONG! I hope she has a healthy and happy pregnancy. 

Was I wrong to reply to my mom? There was no other reply today. Thank god! 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have replied to your sister but I would have sent her email and my reply to every family member email address that I had and added that no one is welcome to contact me.

I don't speak to any of my family either.  I don't think they are as awful as yous though.  I am sorry.

Kermitthemom23
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

100% did the right thing.  You and YOUR family are better off without them

rosemagic01
by Holli on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM
3 moms liked this

*HUGS* 

Screw them! How dare they talk to you like that!!! Beyond RUDE!

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Your sister sounds really classy.( insert big eye rolls) Your mother too.

I agree - karma always comes back to you. Both good and bad. That is really bad juju to wish that on someone when she's pregnant herself.

I'm glad your taking the high road.

I wouldn't even read anymore e-mails from your sister. She has no back bone to e-mail you like that. She's hiding behind an e-mail, so she doesn't have to women up and face you or talk to you. You have more self-control then me LOL. I would have probably asked her why don't you come say it to my face plus a few choice words.

If you can, change your e-mail too. They will probably continue to try to bring you down to their level if they have ANYWAY to contact you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

100% did the right thing.  You and YOUR family are better off without them

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
You replied perfectly. Your mom needs to know it's your sisters fault the family is torn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

You weren't wrong.  She is obviously jealous and treats you like crap because of it.   And a person like your sister shouldn't be having children.  If she says things like that to her sister imagine the kinds of things she will say to her children when mad. 

Moogie1005
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Considering what they said to you, I think you showed a lot of restraint and class with your reply.  You don't need all their drama anyway.  Congratulations on your twins and I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly.  

raven1114
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

What the hell!, What kind of person talks that way to anyone. There are woman I hate with a passion in this world and I would never tell them something like that about their child. It sounds like you're better off without them anyways.

Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was growing up, my grandmother and other elders used to always preach about respecting your elders and parents so that your days will be long. Yet they did this when they made a messed-up comment and expected for you to grin and bear it because they are the elders. They also left out where in the next Scripture, the Bible tells parents to NOT ANGER your children. Respect goes both ways. Karma goes both ways, too. Whatever you put out, will come back times three. And it will bite you in the backside when you least expected it. God bless you for not cursing them out and wishing them good wishes, anyway.

I wonder has your sister heard of a Southern wives' tales that claim that if you talk about someone when you're pregnant that baby will be cursed?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)