Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was I wrong to say this?

Posted by   + Show Post

My mother and I don't talk anymore since about 2 years ago when my sister asked to borrow $15,000 dollars and my husband and I refused to give it to her. My sister turned my whole family against me, fine I've dealt with it. About a week ago, my sister emailed me the following. I don't talk to any member of my family anymore and got this:

Nic-

I heard your moving....can we have the address? I want to make sure we can send our condolence cards to you when your twins come out all retarted and stupid since your so fucking old and having TWO babies! God what a whore. Attention seeker sound familar??? Well hopefully you don't get hit by a semi on your way to the new house.....Oh by the way, Hank and I are expecting our 2nd child. NIce timing with your  babies. 

Yeah, my sister is a peach. I rarely even listen to this anymore and it doesn't fase me, I just make sure I pray hard to God that he protects me and my family. So if this wasn't enough, my mom texted me, yes TEXTED me today.:

Look, your sister is extremely hurt that you are pregnant again. You know she has had problems getting pregnant. She doesn't need you parading around your pregnant. Thanks for making sure we knew you were pregnant....we haven't even met our latest granddaughter and now you have two more coming. We are officially not family anymore. 

This one actually got to me, so I texted her back;

We have never been family. I can not control what Mark and I do with our family. God has blessed me with the most amazing kids. There is a reason you have never met your latest grandchildren, and that is because I don't want them around people who want the worst for them. We are moving in June and changing our numbers. You all have no right to contact me or my family ever. If I get another harrasing email from Liz or you I will call the police and file reports against you. The fact that Liz has emailed me saying she hopes there is things wrong with my children is WRONG! I hope she has a healthy and happy pregnancy. 

Was I wrong to reply to my mom? There was no other reply today. Thank god! 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! That's really, really horrendous to have family members like that. ***hugs***
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WheelerWife
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I think your response is appropriate and your sister is a b****, as is your mother. I'm so sorry you're going through all this while pregnant.

Good luck in your move and with your newest blessings.

(((Hugs)))
Aslen
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

wow... I'd have slapped the dog crap out of my sister, AND my mom for sticking her nose where it hsouldn't be!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, this makes me so thankful for my family! No, you were not wrong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

As I pick my jaw up from off of the floor.....and I thought my family was a bunch of immature assholes (I haven't talked to my mother or sisters since '09).  I don't think you were wrong for sending that text to your mother.  It was calm and tactful.  If she sends another one, don't respond. 

Your sister is some piece of work.  Seriously, is she thirteen?  I would never justify that email with any kind of response.

I'm sorry they are so mean and immature. 

sweetsurprise13
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you responded in a respectful manner and are correct in what you say.
cmkahn
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
So you're a whore and an attention seeker because you and your HUSBAND are having twins? Riiiiiiiiight! I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's something you shouldn't have to go through even if you weren't pregnant. My family has issues but we would never be at this level. Keep your head high and know you are the bigger person here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisMommy4Ever
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Damn that's fucked up :( yeah I would feel bad reading that if it came from my sister and my mother. Damn....well hopefully your inlaws are still around and they're cool with you. That's sad....I almost cried a little. I hope nothing ever happens with my sisters and I. We are not like CLOSE or anything but we love each other and even though they (they're 22 and 19) don't like my man they have never shut me out of their lives. My mom as well....I love her to death and she's still there for me. She doesn't like my man either but she respects him enough to still let him come around. And she loves my son to death. Yeah there have been times when  I had wanted to speak up and talk some shit to my sister (19yr old) for the way she is with my mom...but why get off on the wrong foot? I never want us to hate each other EVER. Once my mom leaves this world they will be the only family I will have :(....(well I also have little sisters but they're still young...11,9,7 and 3 years old. *sigh*...hope things get better for you and it's sad that you have to cut them out of your life...but I guess it will be better for you if all they do is talk bad about you and your kids.

Godgaveme4
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Sounds like you have found some sort of peace with your situation.

I think your response was fine.  And it was mature of you to wish happiness for your sister and her pregnancy.

stacy2607
by Stacy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM
That is horrible, im so sorry!! No, you were not wrong!! Congrats on your pregnancy.. I hope you have a wonderful healthy pregnancy, and two beautiful healthy babies!!
CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)