Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some ideas! Please give your input!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just started a new home-based business and am having a little bit of trouble pricing these purses!

What would you charge or pay for these customized purses?

Is there anything you would add?

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bj305
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM
$50 .60
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like the tulle. Can't imagine not getting it snagged on something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Not a big fan of the tulle either, but DD would like these purses.  I would say that the price of the purse should depend on the material used to make them.  I usually don't pay more than $40 for a hand bag.

texaswifey219
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Lol! For myself neither do I. But little girls look so cute with these!

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

I don't like the tulle. Can't imagine not getting it snagged on something.

Jaiya20
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
yea 40 but use ur disgretion. How much doess it cost you to make 1 purse? Do the math and get urself a profit. If it cost 20 to make charge 40
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickigoingon8
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I think maybe add a little "bling" to them....even without it you could probably get away with charging at least 20 bucks for them....do you have farmer's markets around your house??? You can also get hooked up with one of those and sell them there. I know here they would probably be a really good seller at one because everyone brings their kids with them to the market!!!

alichapa
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM
$20 or $25
They r cute I love them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Since I can only imagine such an item being for a VERY YOUNG girl to use mostly for play -- $20 tops.

texaswifey219
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:21 AM

thank you ladies! I have decided to sell them for $20-$25.
And a few days ago I made one for an adult, pre-teen and a teen. I guess the bigger girls like it to!
:-) 

Outrageous
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree ...  Adult women would not use this in public ... the tule does it... BUT... if you tried to work with a dance company (like if your daughter takes dance); small company locally that offeres ballet and dance classes and offer her a piece of the profit, you might do well selling them there if you did for $25 ... $price them low at first... and make about 10-15 of them for display at the place, then take orders... it gets your name out there....

I would not pay more for it because people like variety on purses so in order to do that, to have variety, some women will not pay more... 

Quoting TableforSeven:

Since I can only imagine such an item being for a VERY YOUNG girl to use mostly for play -- $20 tops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)