Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How often (honestly) do you consume alcohol? I want to see how I compare.

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM
  • 313 Replies

Poll

Question: How often do you drink?

Options:

Pretty much every day.

Ususally on the weekends only.

Maybe once a month at most.

A couple times a year.

Never, because I do not like it.

Never, due to personal beliefs or experiences.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1045

View Results

And what do you drink when you do?  Do your kids see you drink?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM

almost never. Maybe idk once a month or less would be the average but prob less. dh gets booze free lol and we dont usually drink it it gets given away. NO its not personal beliefs or what not as he makes booze for a living it pays are figgen bills lol so I love it...

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 7 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

all_4_my_son
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM
15 moms liked this
Every night after work, with my Zoloft and Ambien.....makes the meds more effective.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sallij
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:10 PM
6 moms liked this
I didn't see an option for several times a week, but that's me. I have a glass of wine in the evenings 3 or so nights a week. Every now and again I'll have a drink if I go out to dinner on the weekends, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris030406
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:12 PM
I will have a drink or two every few months. I'm a light weight and don't like spending the night on the bathroom floor, so I just don't drink.

ETA: if I am at home and on that rare occasion I want a glass of wine, I just pour it whether the kids or around or not. But, no, my kids have never seen me DRINK and puke as a result lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaisyMaeBunny
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I usually drink a couple of times a year. New Years Eve & My & My Mama's Birthday(our Bdays are 26 & 27th). On those occassions I drink Tequila Shots with a Corona, avg 4-5 shots per beer. Or Shots of Tequila along with a Really good batch of Margeritas. Otherwise I don't drink anymore than that. About 10 or so years ago, I would go thorugh a bottle 750 of Wine every couple of weeks and Shots of Tequila on the weekend. Alot has changed since then.

ChrystalGreene
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM
3 moms liked this

I do not drink alcohol as becoming drunk is against my faith but I do on occasion cook with wine in my food as the cooking process removers all most 100% of the alcohol.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Almost never. It's been years since I had an alcoholic drink.
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I go through phases.

I drink more then an ounce probably 1-2x a year.

However, I do love a splash of baileys in my coffee or cocoa. I'll have 1 of those almost everyday for a few months. When I mean splash I mean probably about 1/2 to an ounce worth. Then I'll get off that kick and for a few months have tea with honey 3-5x a day. 

My kids have seen us drink. I think it's important that they see it done in moderation. My DH will have a beer on occasion and I will have the occasional Mike's Hard Lemonade. Neither one of us would have anything strong or drink to get tipsy around the kids. They generally don't see the Baileys since that's what I drink when I'm relaxing, there isn't much relaxing happening while they are awake. lol

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I don't drink. Hubby and I don't like the taste of any alcohol. Last time we had any was on our wedding night(almost 10 years ago). Oh wait a min. I accidently got a drink at Ground Round when I was in my first trimester with my first. I ordered a chocolate milk shake and she gave me someone else's whatever you call it that looks like that. I took one sip an about threw up.

PrincessPeach06
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I will have a couple drinks on Friday or Saturday night. Last night I went more overboard then usual as we went Cosmic bowling and DH was the DD. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)