Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often (honestly) do you consume alcohol? I want to see how I compare.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How often do you drink?

Options:

Pretty much every day.

Ususally on the weekends only.

Maybe once a month at most.

A couple times a year.

Never, because I do not like it.

Never, due to personal beliefs or experiences.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1045

View Results

And what do you drink when you do?  Do your kids see you drink?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
Sunshine2plus2
by Sunshine on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Maybe twice a year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd say other... A few times a week.  That is less than daily but more than just weekends.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I think I've had one drink in almost four years. I've been pregnant or nursing that long. Even when I'm not I don't drink much. Too expensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4boys2002
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM
I have one or two a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I put on weekends only, but it's usually only a couple times a month.  Me and my husband are beer snobs and we get a growler of the micro brew we love once a month or so.  And once a month I have company and I will drink then, usually wine, or some kind of themed drink for the dinner party.  Like last time we had Moscow Mules, which were vodka and ginger beer.  So I say a couple times of month, and our drinks vary. 

_brownie
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:02 PM
On the weekends and/ or every few days. Im a chianti type of girl :-)
HTLoveMyBoys
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I usually only deink about 2 or 3 times a month, but it's only a couple of drinks, not enough to get drunk. When I do drink it's usually a wine cooler. My kids have seen me have a drink or two but they have never seen me drunk.

Loving Wife to Matt since 06/17/95.
Dedicated Mom to Shane Wyatt (05/29/96),
Brendan Cole (02/13/99), Liam Everett (04/06/01), Hayden Levi (01/10/03) & Riley Chase (12/28/07)

MommyJDTJ
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I haven't had a drink since June or so of 2010. I wish I could but I was ttc, then pregnant and now still bf. I may end up weening soon since I have to pump and dump because of my MRI.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenny76
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting sallij:

I didn't see an option for several times a week, but that's me. I have a glass of wine in the evenings 3 or so nights a week. Every now and again I'll have a drink if I go out to dinner on the weekends, too.

Same for me too
Aloysious
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I rarely drink anymore.  Funny how that happens..pre-kids and pre marriage, I drank wine in the evenings, had cocktails when I went out, and drank like a fish when out at the club.  Then I got married and preggo, and that sort of was it for me.  I have had a couple of girls' nights where we went out and let our hair down, but we had a few drinks and that was it. 

Now, my neighbors across the street had a Halloween party last year and we went over there and really tied one on.  I was pretty lit, and my dh even more so since he's such a light weight.  Good thing we only had to stumble across the street and up our driveway to go home!

That said, I had 2 glasses of wine back in January in one sitting, and that's it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)