Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How often (honestly) do you consume alcohol? I want to see how I compare.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How often do you drink?

Options:

Pretty much every day.

Ususally on the weekends only.

Maybe once a month at most.

A couple times a year.

Never, because I do not like it.

Never, due to personal beliefs or experiences.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1045

View Results

And what do you drink when you do?  Do your kids see you drink?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
ohmommamia
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM
A glass of wine on occasion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Almost never.  Probably once a year.  When I drink, I prefer margaritas on the rocks.  The kids have never seen me drink.  DH and I only drink when we don't have the kids overnight and that's rare...hence why I rarely drink.

iluvmybabe
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM

i usually have mixed drinks if i go out. sometimes i have a beer or two during the week, but not often. i dont go out often either.

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I don't drink often. Usually just a glass of wine with dinner once a week.  I will also order a glass of wine at a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion.  I glass is my limit. I switch to water or iced tea the rest of the evening.

lovebeingmrs
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I was going out every weekend and getting so drunk I would wake up in places I dont know how I even got there. One night got into a car with some guy, had a beer or two. He took me the beach. But he took me to part of the beach I have never been to. There were no lights, no people, it was dead there. I quickly became uneasy and told him to take me home. He refused..said I owed him for the beer. I reached into my purse and got my cell but where we were I had no signal. So I reached for the next best thing..my pepper spray.he kept intching closer and closer. I sprayed him and ran. I ran so fast and so hard I wanted to make sure he wasn't able to follow. I didn't think I sprayed him good enough. I ended up in front of this house that happen to have lights on. I walked up, knocked on the door. I was shaking so bad. This guy answered and I fell on to his porch. He calls to his friends to help him. They started asking me was I okay, what happen. All I could say was "he chased me.." They brought inside and gave me some ice tea. One of guys who happen to be a cop went in my purse and got my Id fearing some medical problem with me. He came over sat down next me and asked how the hell did I end up out of state? I told him, ment some guy a bar said he wanted to chill at the beach. I had no clue he drove me to a beach that was out of state. The nice cop an one of his friends drove me the two hours home. Then they waited with me till my local police showed up. I filed a report. Gave his name, and all that. I have a pretty good memory and I knew the guys make model and tag of the car. He was arrested two days later on attempted rape seeing that he wouldn't take me home and in his car they found another beer laced with ghb
Quoting FLmom26:

Congrats to you, that is a great acomplishment. 

I didn't vote either because for me it varies. Sometimes I'll have a light mixed drink a few nights a week and sometimes I'll go months without. I know that addiction runs in my family so I am very concious of that. So I'm careful of how much I drink and that I'm not drinking to get drunk. There was a bad time in my life where I started doing that, relized it, and stopped-- period. It was a couple of years before I drank again, and I have been much more careful since to drink only in moderation. No, my ds doesn't see me drink because it's usually after he's in bed to help me relax a bit. He has seen his dad have a beer or two, but doesn't know what it is just that it's for grown ups only. He's 5.

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

I cant vote, because you dont have one for did drink but dont drink no more..I have been clean for four years...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acid
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Never.  I don't like it.

FLmom26
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM

oh my gosh! I know you already know this, but you were so very lucky!!! I'm glad that you weren't hurt, and that you were fortunate enough to end up at a good person's front door. With me, several years ago I lost my daughter and I went through a period where I just didn't care about anything. I had already lost everything in my eyes, what else was there. I did some really stupid things, and drinking way too much was one of them. I finally realized that wasn't who I wanted to be and I put it down for a loooong time. Now, if/when I have a drink, it's much more in moderation. And I've even told SO that if ever start down that road again, to say something and I'll put it down for good. 

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

I was going out every weekend and getting so drunk I would wake up in places I dont know how I even got there. One night got into a car with some guy, had a beer or two. He took me the beach. But he took me to part of the beach I have never been to. There were no lights, no people, it was dead there. I quickly became uneasy and told him to take me home. He refused..said I owed him for the beer. I reached into my purse and got my cell but where we were I had no signal. So I reached for the next best thing..my pepper spray.he kept intching closer and closer. I sprayed him and ran. I ran so fast and so hard I wanted to make sure he wasn't able to follow. I didn't think I sprayed him good enough. I ended up in front of this house that happen to have lights on. I walked up, knocked on the door. I was shaking so bad. This guy answered and I fell on to his porch. He calls to his friends to help him. They started asking me was I okay, what happen. All I could say was "he chased me.." They brought inside and gave me some ice tea. One of guys who happen to be a cop went in my purse and got my Id fearing some medical problem with me. He came over sat down next me and asked how the hell did I end up out of state? I told him, ment some guy a bar said he wanted to chill at the beach. I had no clue he drove me to a beach that was out of state. The nice cop an one of his friends drove me the two hours home. Then they waited with me till my local police showed up. I filed a report. Gave his name, and all that. I have a pretty good memory and I knew the guys make model and tag of the car. He was arrested two days later on attempted rape seeing that he wouldn't take me home and in his car they found another beer laced with ghb
Quoting FLmom26:

I didn't vote either because for me it varies. Sometimes I'll have a light mixed drink a few nights a week and sometimes I'll go months without. I know that addiction runs in my family so I am very concious of that. So I'm careful of how much I drink and that I'm not drinking to get drunk. There was a bad time in my life where I started doing that, relized it, and stopped-- period. It was a couple of years before I drank again, and I have been much more careful since to drink only in moderation. No, my ds doesn't see me drink because it's usually after he's in bed to help me relax a bit. He has seen his dad have a beer or two, but doesn't know what it is just that it's for grown ups only. He's 5.

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

I cant vote, because you dont have one for did drink but dont drink no more..I have been clean for four years...

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Not even once a month.  We don't drink around the kids and even when the kids aren't around, only one of us drinks. I insist on one sober parent no matter what, even if the kids are out of our care. 

We never have get togethers at our house or anything like that. If we do drink, it's away from home anyway so the kids aren't around. 

lovebeingmrs
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM
The cop became a good friend, he and I are still friends. He helped me get into AA. He was at my door in a heart beat when my kids dad beat me one night. I called just to talk and I didn't want to tell him I been hit. He asked could he come over. I quickly said no and I had to go. An hour later he was at my door. I tried to cover my eye but couldn't hide it. He had my ex arrested and helped get a order of protection. I call him my angel. He was at my wedding, I was at his. His wide isn't thrilled with us being friends but he told her he is my big brother (I don't have a older brother so he fills in). Sometimes I dont know what I would do without him. Even though he now lives six hours away..if I ever need him..he is just a phone call away

Quoting FLmom26:

oh my gosh! I know you already know this, but you were so very lucky!!! I'm glad that you weren't hurt, and that you were fortunate enough to end up at a good person's front door. With me, several years ago I lost my daughter and I went through a period where I just didn't care about anything. I had already lost everything in my eyes, what else was there. I did some really stupid things, and drinking way too much was one of them. I finally realized that wasn't who I wanted to be and I put it down for a loooong time. Now, if/when I have a drink, it's much more in moderation. And I've even told SO that if ever start down that road again, to say something and I'll put it down for good. 

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

Quoting FLmom26:

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM
3 moms liked this
I grew up in an Italian family. We all drink and all of us drink almost every day. We are not "drunks" though and I am not aware of any alcoholics in our family. It's just part of our lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)