Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you ever had a meltdown in public?

Have you?

Group Mod  

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
mamaistheword87
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Nothing!!!!  She told me to come back another day!!!!  This is what was so upsetting!  I had my special needs sister in the car, was dead tired, a sick baby at home, and I just needed 6 bags of soil to plant my veggie garden.

Quoting sweetsurprise13:

Quoting mamaistheword87:

LOL, sadly, yes.

Two weeks ago, I purchased 6 bags of soil for my garden from Walmart at 9PM.  I paid for the bags with my groceries inside the store, and had to drive to the garden center to retrieve them.  The gate to the center was locked, and no one was there.  Finally, I saw an employee inside, so I knocked on the glass.  I asked her whether she could help me load the soil, and she replied the garden center was clsoed.  I tried reasoning with her, gave 5 different problem solving ideas, and she shot down every one of them.  I burst into tears and couldn't stop sobbing.    I felt so mislead (by the cashier who sold the soil), and so trivial (to the girl who didn't want to help me). 

Two words:  Mascara EVERYWHERE

crying mini

oh no. What did they do to resolve the problem?

sweetsurprise13
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:23 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting mamaistheword87:

i hate walmart! That sucks!

Group Mod  

acrogodess
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I have. There are way too many incidents to list.

Nighttiger
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I'm sure I've had a few.  :)  I had one a few days ago. Never a total or dramatic melt down and not any that have caused a scene.  I've been selling a bunch of old kids clothes at consignment sales to a point that I've been doing one every week for 3 weeks. This involves drop off time, volunteer time, and pick up time along with all the time I spend at home tagging and sorting....on top of a 50+ hour a week full time job. Needless to say I'm missing my toddler a ton right now!  I went to inspection last Monday and the lady rejected 35 of my clothing items...all had been accepted at 3 other sales. Further, she took and hour and a half to do so. No other sale too as long. As I sat waiting, I watched his dinner time pass, and his bath time that I was missing start.  I was really missing him. She was finally done and I could check out. Of course, there now was a line to check out. I saw my chances of seeing my kid before DH put him to bed vanish for what felt like the upteenth night in the last few weeks.  I was probably short with her on the inspection and just told her to put the stuff aside and walked out of the facility.  Tears came out pretty good and I couldn't stop them. Probably 3 minutes later I was able to go back in and finish check out, but I dont think I looked right because everyone was so nice. I'm sure I looked upset.  DH knew I was running late so he kept DS up about 15 minutes past his bedtime so I at least got to say goodnight :)

evensmummy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Oooooh... Goodness, yes. It was quite a few years back, but it was so bad, a random woman in the grocery store came over and held me until I started to feel better. I was ugly crying and everything.

chinosruca
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:02 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marissaj125
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:23 AM

YES! I just quit my job last week. But sometimes emotions build up and i just explode. EEeek! Not mean or rude. But I BAWL my eyes out a lot!

insaneygolover
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I do a good job of holding it until Im alone or with my hubby. Qute a few meltdowns during my first month of being  a mom. BTW, I'm on maturnity leave from wal-mart, employees like that would be fired. 

sweetnspacey
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this

That was nice of her.

Quoting evensmummy:

Oooooh... Goodness, yes. It was quite a few years back, but it was so bad, a random woman in the grocery store came over and held me until I started to feel better. I was ugly crying and everything.

evensmummy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I thought so, too! Not many people would do that. I have been waiting for a moment to pay it forward.

Quoting sweetnspacey:

That was nice of her.

Quoting evensmummy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)