Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

have you ever had a meltdown in public?

Have you?

Group Mod  

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
mama2gg
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:43 AM

A few years back I did many times I have panic disorder so I feel like I am dying when one hits before I knew what they were and how to breath through them I thought I was  having a heart attack and had to call 911 many times so yup sure have

nickigoingon8
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Yes, when I was younger I did.

Stacey1081975
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM
3 moms liked this

I have never had a meltdown but I did beat somebody down in public for pushing my child. My son was about 3yrs old and he was playing with his basketball and some lady snitched the ball from him and pushed him to the ground. I watched my son get up with this look in his eyes like mommy help and I went off and needless to say the police and ambulance arrived and I was told you have every right to defend your child but ma'am you cant keep punching her after we (the police) get here. LOL!  I look back and lol but at the time I was pissed off some terrible. So now my son who is now 17 tells all his friends my mother don't play at all. Excuse any typo. By the way he still has that basketball.

candycrz
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:14 AM

i have had one when my first was like 11 months old I dont even know why i had one but i went all physco on my bf and stuff in wal mart parking lot sadly the relationship didnt last long after that

MarriedJess
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Yes my son was teething and I hadnt had much sleep the night before and I went to Joanns to buy some fabric I thought it would be like $60 and it came to more like $120! and I was so disappointed that I couldn't buy everything I had picked out I just broke down and cried. Luckily my kids were home with my husband!

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:47 AM

no and I hope I never do

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Stacey1081975:

I have never had a meltdown but I did beat somebody down in public for pushing my child. My son was about 3yrs old and he was playing with his basketball and some lady snitched the ball from him and pushed him to the ground. I watched my son get up with this look in his eyes like mommy help and I went off and needless to say the police and ambulance arrived and I was told you have every right to defend your child but ma'am you cant keep punching her after we (the police) get here. LOL!  I look back and lol but at the time I was pissed off some terrible. So now my son who is now 17 tells all his friends my mother don't play at all. Excuse any typo. By the way he still has that basketball.

I don't blame you I would have done the same thing

hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM
3 moms liked this
If I feel one coming while like in the middle of wal mart, I've been known to just leave the full cart and high tail it to the car for privacy. I have cried infront of my boss twice...how professional. But when we spend our time pretending tears are weak, we are bound to have a public meltdown at some point. Being emotional is not a weakness, it is tiedin with compassion and concern for others. We are not the "weaker" sex because we cry, we are stronger for just giving in when needed.
BaBeezandMe
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:06 AM

we all have had them.  I have them.  HUGS!

mamabearlehman
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Yes. Last week at work. Not because of anger but just sadness and feeling overwhelmed. My boss asked me how court went (got granted full custody of my sister and was assaulted by my mother afterwards) the day before and I just started blubbering. I had been trying to be so strong for my sister and family that I didn't realize the stress was eating me up inside. I went home cried a little and slept for 6 hours. DH took care of the kids and cooked dinner. I feel much better now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN