Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

have you ever had a meltdown in public?

Have you?

Group Mod  

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
neverbeamom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I flipped out last weekend, actually....

I don't do it often.  Or ever, for that matter, in public.  It was the first time but I could not help myself.  I went to watch my SO's band play the after party for Clutch and Hellyeah at a concert, and afterwards he told me he'd be right out to the car, just had to grab a few things.

After ten text messages and an hour sitting in a cold car, I went back inside and found him talking to the singer's wife- who I've had many problems with because she tried hooking up with SO back in December due to her own husband's affairs.

I went ballistic and yelled at her.  I said, in front of about 30 people, "Just because your husband fucks every woman he can EXCEPT you does NOT give you the right to try to fuck my SO."  The singer was standing there as well.  SO was embarrassed.  He has tried to stay away from her but if I'm not around I know she throws himself at him, and her husband doesn't care- he's made that quite clear.  But it's the first time I've made public the whole situation.  Oops.

MBorati-Collins
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I have. When Allie was about six months old, I went out for a jog and cried for the entire mile. I wasn't proud of myself.
Nikaniko
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:46 AM
OMG how embarrassing! But that probably would have been me in your situation ;)

Quoting neverbeamom:

I don't do it often.  Or ever, for that matter, in public.  It was the first time but I could not help myself.  I went to watch my SO's band play the after party for Clutch and Hellyeah at a concert, and afterwards he told me he'd be right out to the car, just had to grab a few things.

After ten text messages and an hour sitting in a cold car, I went back inside and found him talking to the singer's wife- who I've had many problems with because she tried hooking up with SO back in December due to her own husband's affairs.

I went ballistic and yelled at her.  I said, in front of about 30 people, "Just because your husband fucks every woman he can EXCEPT you does NOT give you the right to try to fuck my SO."  The singer was standing there as well.  SO was embarrassed.  He has tried to stay away from her but if I'm not around I know she throws himself at him, and her husband doesn't care- he's made that quite clear.  But it's the first time I've made public the whole situation.  Oops.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.jonesy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Once I think.  I was...uh, drunk though. lol  DH wouldn't dance with me, he never has and he got hateful about it.  So I bawled my eyes out in the middle of the damn bar.  I. was. a. mess.

Sekirei
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes... but, I have social anxiety as well as a few phobias. So, I meltdown way to much and for the most part, barely remember the incident. I black out.

LadyStork
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Same way :(

Quoting Sekirei:

Yes... but, I have social anxiety as well as a few phobias. So, I meltdown way to much and for the most part, barely remember the incident. I black out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetsurprise13
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Quoting Nighttiger:

I'm sure I've had a few.  :)  I had one a few days ago. Never a total or dramatic melt down and not any that have caused a scene.  I've been selling a bunch of old kids clothes at consignment sales to a point that I've been doing one every week for 3 weeks. This involves drop off time, volunteer time, and pick up time along with all the time I spend at home tagging and sorting....on top of a 50+ hour a week full time job. Needless to say I'm missing my toddler a ton right now!  I went to inspection last Monday and the lady rejected 35 of my clothing items...all had been accepted at 3 other sales. Further, she took and hour and a half to do so. No other sale too as long. As I sat waiting, I watched his dinner time pass, and his bath time that I was missing start.  I was really missing him. She was finally done and I could check out. Of course, there now was a line to check out. I saw my chances of seeing my kid before DH put him to bed vanish for what felt like the upteenth night in the last few weeks.  I was probably short with her on the inspection and just told her to put the stuff aside and walked out of the facility.  Tears came out pretty good and I couldn't stop them. Probably 3 minutes later I was able to go back in and finish check out, but I dont think I looked right because everyone was so nice. I'm sure I looked upset.  DH knew I was running late so he kept DS up about 15 minutes past his bedtime so I at least got to say goodnight :)

that is a tough one but glad they were nice in the end.

Group Mod  

sweetsurprise13
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Quoting neverbeamom:

uhoh but good for you!

Group Mod  

sweetsurprise13
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Quoting mrs.jonesy:

Once I think.  I was...uh, drunk though. lol  DH wouldn't dance with me, he never has and he got hateful about it.  So I bawled my eyes out in the middle of the damn bar.  I. was. a. mess.

oopsy

Group Mod  

MumsTheWord571
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Yes. With DS I had PPD that had yet to be diagnosed. DH was wearing him in the store and disappeared. I couldn't find him, he wasn't answering his phone. I just knew he kidnapped MY (our) baby, and stolen my car abandoning me there. I was convinced. So when he strolled around the corner like nothing had happened I freaked. I smacked him a bunch & snatch the baby and cried while hugging him. I was crazy upset and hysterical. We left after that and I went to the dr the next day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN