Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you ever had a meltdown in public?

Have you?

Group Mod  

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Replies (51-60):
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM
3 moms liked this

I once had a meltdown in Victoria Secret.  I get that I was plus sized, but that didn't excuse the clerks rude comments to me when I came in to purchase some of their overpriced body spray for a friend of mine.  The little "witch" followed me through the store telling my that "we don't carry your  size here" everytime I stopped to look at anything.  I finally had enough, and in front of store full of customers, I told the girl off.  I told her that I didn't appreciate her rude comments, and stated that people like her shouldn't be allowed to work with the public.  I also told her that if this is how they treated customers when they come in to purchase their overpriced junk, that they just lost a sale.  I then ripped up the 25% off coupon they gave me and dropped the pieces on the floor, and left.  I was so upset, though I did feel guilty for littering later.

Coca.Cola
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Um yeah. I have Aspergers. It happens. Tom usally carries me out and cuddles me. Pulls my hair gently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Biggirl735
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM

When i was 19 i was working and unloaded on a customer returning an entire expensive china set!  

iluvmybabe
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM

unfortunately, yes i have lol

BannerElkHogans
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM

YES......and I got us (me an hubby) thrown out ..............but I got 50 $ an raincheck tickets to come back..........I hate people trying to pull 1 over on you an I happened to be the 1 to say something!!!!!!! ha ha ha

marihla
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I would have been absolutely pissed! If someone sells you the bags of soil, you should be able to go and get it! What ever happened to honoring your mistakes and the customer is always right?

Quoting mamaistheword87:

LOL, sadly, yes.

Two weeks ago, I purchased 6 bags of soil for my garden from Walmart at 9PM.  I paid for the bags with my groceries inside the store, and had to drive to the garden center to retrieve them.  The gate to the center was locked, and no one was there.  Finally, I saw an employee inside, so I knocked on the glass.  I asked her whether she could help me load the soil, and she replied the garden center was clsoed.  I tried reasoning with her, gave 5 different problem solving ideas, and she shot down every one of them.  I burst into tears and couldn't stop sobbing.    I felt so mislead (by the cashier who sold the soil), and so trivial (to the girl who didn't want to help me). 

Two words:  Mascara EVERYWHERE

crying mini

marihla
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM

My mom once punched someone in a Superstore (Canadian). This young child bit his mom's bum and she called him a bad boy. My mom was maaaaaad! "How could you call him a bad boy? He's not a bad boy, he's not a dog!" It escalated from there and my dear mother punched this other mother in the jaw. She can't stand to see other children get mistreated. Anyway she was politely asked to collect her groceries and leave.

sheri305
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Nope......

later.tater
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Oh god yes. One was an anxiety attack. I started panicking and crying for no fucking reason. Another was when a coworker had pissed me off I really wanted to jump her and beat the shit out of her which is not like me.... I was so mad I started crying and hyperventilating and the last one was when I was on my way to work and my sister in law called to tell me not to go to work and I was at the store and I kept asking why she said honey I can't tell you, you just can't go to work you need to come home it's urgent.... I kept pleading for her to tell me. Then she told me my dad was dead. I had to have someone come get me, I couldn't drive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarShy740
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Same here!

Quoting Cukimonster:

No, but I have been with my aunt during a few she has had.  It's pretty embarrassing, lol.  I'm more of a 'wait till I get home, or at least to the car' kind of person.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)