Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

As women do we sometimes ask too much....

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM
  • 19 Replies

of Dh...Sometimes I think I put to much on my Dh to be someone that he clearly isnt. It bothers me that he is unable to verbally express the way he feels about me and anytime I ask him he always skirts around the issue. But I know he does care deeply about me by the way he treats me, he shows his love through action and by doing things to make me happy. He is a quiet person for the most part and keeps his thoughts to himself and has alway been this way, I do accpet this about him and try to be content with knowing that loves me even if he doesnt verbally expres it. But I cant help wishing that he would open up to me and tell me he loves me more often...so moms have you ever felt this way?...Did you get Dh to open up about how he felt about you and if you did how did you do it?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Wow it's sounds like we married the same man. My dh is the same way even though I know he loves me. Sometimes it would be nice to be told.

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband is not very good at verbally expressing himself, but through our relationship so many things have happened that his reactions to them have convinced me that his love for me is undeniable and unconditional. I do wish he could express himself more with words, but that's just not him and I've accepted that.

whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Its so funny bc we as women are generally drawn to the 'strong, silent" type and then we marry them and wonder why they don't talk to us.Lol
My hub same way .Trying to get him to verbally express feelings is like pulling teeth.He tells me he loves me but mostly I feel it through the way he does things for me and our kids.Except that's how he is bc I know i'm loved completely and unconditionally and that's what matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheri305
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Quoting whatmynameagain:

Its so funny bc we as women are generally drawn to the 'strong, silent" type and then we marry them and wonder why they don't talk to us.Lol
My hub same way .Trying to get him to verbally express feelings is like pulling teeth.He tells me he loves me but mostly I feel it through the way he does things for me and our kids.Except that's how he is bc I know i'm loved completely and unconditionally and that's what matters.

sheri305
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Quoting whatmynameagain:

Very good point about being drawn to the silent type then expect them to be so open and verbal,lol....  Glad my Dh is the silent reserved type because I dont like a big mouth either,lol....

mik1of3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a very lucky girl...despite his appearance, my hubby is a very eloquent and demonstrative man who does not hesitate to tell even random strangers how lucky he is and how much he loves me. 
I do push his buttons sometimes--he is not a neat person, and I get so frustrated with him on that.  I mean, the clothes hamper is not even two feet away...does he really have to just leave his clothes on the floor?!!  I think in that area I try to push him to be someone he's not.  What cured me of that nagging was watching my bff lose her husband (my husband in law) to stomach cancer.  After watching that heartbreaking event, I haven't nagged him about anything since.

Well, anything stupid, anyway.

wink

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Same here! Boy,what a small world.

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

Wow it's sounds like we married the same man. My dh is the same way even though I know he loves me. Sometimes it would be nice to be told.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LDavis33
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I think most men find it difficult to open up emotionally, even with their spouses.  It's often a result of societies expectations and the way in which they were raised.  Not much you can do about that.  Just remember to appreciate him for who he is, just as you want him to appreciate you for who you are.

And remember that "actions speak louder than words".

muslimahpj
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Mine is the opposite. He is very good at expressing himself and his feelings, me on the other hand, not so much. He gets aggravated with me sometimes, I guess, because he thinks I should be more like him.lol

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Yep! Very similar here! Even when I talk to him about it. He will do it for a day or two and then back to not sharing feelings.

Quoting KylesMom409:

Same here! Boy,what a small world.

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)