Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

My week of answers is NOT turning out well

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am so confused.  My son was seen by an allergist who did allergy tests.  She just called me back with the results.  He's not allergic to anything!!  How???  Can anybody shed some light on this situation?  She was trying to explain it to me but it's just not making sense!

His symptoms...

congestion to the point he cannot hear

coughing

sneezing

allergic "shiners"

runny nose

She told me to take him off of his allergy meds.  If I do that he just lays around miserable!  He won't do anything, he can't hear anything, and he gets ear infections.  She asked me how many ear infections he has had in the past year and I told her none because I make sure he gets his allergy medicine!  So she told me to keep him on it until his follow up appointment and we will talk more then.

I am so confused!!  Any  idea what is going on?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrsrobin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Try taking him to a NAET practitioner in your area. They can help eliminate the allergies. Yes, I said eliminate. It's a holistic practice that works. Has even reversed anaphylactic allergy responses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM

How do I find one and how do they treat it if they can't figure out what is bothering him?  I'm all for holistic.  I just found a holistic doctor for me actually.  I've thought about scheduling him there as well.

Quoting mrsrobin:

Try taking him to a NAET practitioner in your area. They can help eliminate the allergies. Yes, I said eliminate. It's a holistic practice that works. Has even reversed anaphylactic allergy responses.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
mrsrobin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM
http://www.naet.com/Patients/locator.aspx

If you look up your area you can find a practitioner. It's cheaper than seeing a homeopath. It works in conjunction with chiropractic care.

Hope you figure out what works and your kiddo feels better.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

How do I find one and how do they treat it if they can't figure out what is bothering him?  I'm all for holistic.  I just found a holistic doctor for me actually.  I've thought about scheduling him there as well.

Quoting mrsrobin:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Thanks.  Do you know if they would treat things like thyroid conditions as well?  Do they take insurance?  My insurance covers the holistic doctor I found.

Quoting mrsrobin:

If you look up your area you can find a practitioner. It's cheaper than seeing a homeopath. It works in conjunction with chiropractic care.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting mrsrobin:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Thanks for sharing that link!

Quoting mrsrobin:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting mrsrobin:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsrobin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM
I'm not sure. It probably depends on the practitioner. They don't here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsrobin
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM
I'm just reading into it myself, but it's been raved about in my holistic moms group. I know that they attribute a lot of illness with allergies, so I'm sure it wouldn't hurt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)