Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
Do you wear them? Why or why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (31-39):
MrsJHoward
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM
My friend who is also tall with long arms, lol, buys all her clothes from Europe on line. She said the price is about the same too.

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Lol, yes we have one local but I haven't seen the corsets there. My problem is usually the cups rant big enough for my ginomous boobies! Lol apparently big girls don't have big biobies! It's silly really. I can't find pants long enough either.. So you can't be tall and fat only short and fat...

Sorry, just frustrated with clothes in general right now. /-)

Not just tall and fat, it seems like as women we aren't allowed to be tall period.  My sister is 6ft and wears about a size 12.  So for her, the size 12 isn't hard to find but she has a heck of a time finding pants long enough.  THEN, even when she finds pants long enough, the same brand/store/etc doesn't make the sleeves on the tops accordingly.  She REALLY has a hard time with long sleeve sweaters, button-downs, etc.  It's only common sense that if you have long legs, you have long arms too to be proportionate.  Too bad the clothing manufacturers can't figure that out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thecoffeefairy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I always wear a bra of some sort even though I have small breasts. It is unladylike like go go around sans bra when you have large nipples like mine* blush*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on May. 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Ugh. I hate, hate, hate strapless bras. The last time I wore one was my wedding day  (I wore a halter style gown) and the thing dug into my ribs so bad, that I the last half of my reception I was watching the clock, because I wanted to take the darn thing off.  Also I was sick and tired of having to make excuses to my guests when I needed to go to the ladies room to readjust the bra every time it shifted.  I am full busted and need a bra with lots of support.  For the summer I choose sleevless tops with wide straps to cover my bra straps or just wear light weight tee shirts. I also just wear a cardigan when I wear a cami to keep the straps from showing.  For me wearing a strapless bra is not worth all the discomfort and embarrassment of having to adjust it when it starts slipping.

Tigress22304
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Quoting RavishingMama:

Okay, I am a size 38 FF...how do those tubey-things hold up big boobies??  I can't figure out how that would actually work...are they really tight? 

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Really? I might have to try that...

Quoting Tigress22304:

Yep I wear alot of strapless tops-I found a 2pck of bandeu (sp) bras at the dollar store for $3.99

These bad boys hold my girls up better then the $50 victoria secrets strapless bra DH bought me!!

I wear them often-they are soft/comfortable to wear and really support me. (I'm a 36E)

http://www.amazon.com/ToBeInStyle-Plus-Size-Sexy-Bandeau/dp/B0072LBUOU/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335880757&sr=8-1-spell

they look something like this-I have black and white-they are COMFY!!

oy momma my boobs are roughly 3lbs a piece-they hold me nicely-sometimes i gotta hike it up in the front but not often...you may need a LONGLINE bra

Tigress22304
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Quoting MrsJHoward:

I know I love my sewing machine thank god for that!

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Lol, yes we have one local but I haven't seen the corsets there. My problem is usually the cups rant big enough for my ginomous boobies! Lol apparently big girls don't have big biobies! It's silly really. I can't find pants long enough either.. So you can't be tall and fat only short and fat...

Sorry, just frustrated with clothes in general right now. /-)

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Sweet! I'm Gunna check torrid to, after I have the baby of course! Lol

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Really? I might have to try that...

Quoting Tigress22304:

Yep I wear alot of strapless tops-I found a 2pck of bandeu (sp) bras at the dollar store for $3.99

These bad boys hold my girls up better then the $50 victoria secrets strapless bra DH bought me!!

I wear them often-they are soft/comfortable to wear and really support me. (I'm a 36E)

http://www.amazon.com/ToBeInStyle-Plus-Size-Sexy-Bandeau/dp/B0072LBUOU/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335880757&sr=8-1-spell

they look something like this-I have black and white-they are COMFY!!

I'm in Jersey-we have them in our malls-I have a friend who works in one-GREAT plus size clothing-cute stuff!!

If you don't have one local to you-pay close attention to the size charts. You cant get a tape measure from the sewing dept of walmart for like $2. Measure accordingly. I bought a few corset tops from there-just eyeballing it-and yeah BIG mistake!!

that's why I have a sewing machine honey. My DD8 is 5ft tall. She's plus size. She and I share clothes-she's got a gut on her that will not go away-she's not fat-its muscular. Ok the belly's fat the rest of her is muscle=so I know what you mean by having a love/hate relationship with clothing.

For her-we do maternity style tops-they work nicely=stretchy pants and shorts as well. Plus she's got a brittle bone diseease-so she wears a clamshell brace on her left leg-she needs wide pants and shorts to fit over her brace.

I just went through my closet and found 6pairs of lounge pants I dont even wear-I"m gonna convert them into palazzo pants for DD8-they got that stretchy waist band she loves.

think I'll make her some summer dresses out of old sheets as well. the only problem is-her clothes are hand made so when she out grows them-im gonna have a hard time selling them.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Same here and same here! LOL

Quoting mumsy2three:

Only if I have to. I have yet to find one that truly works for me. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unsuspected
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I'm wearing one now.  The shirt I'm wearing doesn't require it.  Bu all my bras have gone missing or broken and this is seriously my newest and most comfortable one.  So ugh.

But yeah I wear them when I'm wearing tanks or strapless shirts.  I bought this one to wear with my one shouldered dress for my friend's wedding. 

momof3_dll
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I love my Victoria Secret strapless/convertible bra.  I will sometimes wear one shoulder shirts or halters, strapless so it was totally worth the $50 and has held up really nicely over the past 7yrs.

LovelyBugs
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:20 PM
nope I don't wear a bra most of the time...for some reason the band that goes around me makes me feel like I'm gonna puke...for that reason I don't wear sports bras or the tubes tops with the built in bra...not sure why it happens and its a pretty recent thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)