Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What would you do if..

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM
  • 12 Replies

Today we went over a friend's house. She has roomates, that don't really like people being in the house but we were allowed in. They even allowed my son to play with a toy. Well when it was time to leave husband son and daughter got in the van. I had to hold the dog, cause she was still getting shaved a bit. I walk out and they come after me. Hmm I thought maybe they wanna see the new van. We just got it. And they whisper to me that could they have the car back that my son has tucked under his seat. I was LIVID. my son stole the car and my husband knew about it, he didn't see the big deal. I am so embarrassed. He said he told son to return it, but son refused so he just left it be.  I AM SO MAD at my son and husband they both should know better. Son is 5. Husband is 36, acting like he is 3.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Punkslilncs
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Of course I gave the toy back and appologized and explained that he might not of known he couldn't have it forever, that it was just to play with there... I still feel like a fool whose kid doesn't know better and husband is a caveman.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I am sorry inless it is a pricy toy I never say nothing. I just let the little kid keep it that's just how I am.

Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Oh, how embarassing.  sounds like you handled it well.

Punkslilncs
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM
3 moms liked this

But that's stealing.. it doesn't matter if the toy was expensive or just junk. It didn't belong to my son. I guess my husband saw it the same way. He was like it's just a car. I flew off the handle

lillysnow
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I would be mad over this stealing part also it would have been better if he would have just asked who knows they might have given him the car.

Quoting Punkslilncs:

Today we went over a friend's house. She has roomates, that don't really like people being in the house but we were allowed in. They even allowed my son to play with a toy. Well when it was time to leave husband son and daughter got in the van. I had to hold the dog, cause she was still getting shaved a bit. I walk out and they come after me. Hmm I thought maybe they wanna see the new van. We just got it. And they whisper to me that could they have the car back that my son has tucked under his seat. I was LIVID. my son stole the car and my husband knew about it, he didn't see the big deal. I am so embarrassed. He said he told son to return it, but son refused so he just left it be.  I AM SO MAD at my son and husband they both should know better. Son is 5. Husband is 36, acting like he is 3.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkslilncs
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM

When son has friends over, I do let toys go home with kids, but just to take something. I got visions of my son behind bars, as if in jail. Husband saw nothing wrong with it and said I was wrong to scold him.

hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this
oh, how embarrassing,mama! I believe after making son AND husband sincerely apologize to them, I would profusely apologize for both of them. And they would both be getting a lecture on the way home about what stealing is. Wow, you really ARE raising two children aren't you? I am so sorry!
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I would've been very embarrassed as well, your husband is setting a terrible example.Sorry mama! But your son will learn your values too,try not to worry too much.

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM
bump

Eve-marie
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I would punish them both. And the big one would hear how it would be his fault when junior took a real car. He would not be allowed to forget it for a long time. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)