Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Today we went over a friend's house. She has roomates, that don't really like people being in the house but we were allowed in. They even allowed my son to play with a toy. Well when it was time to leave husband son and daughter got in the van. I had to hold the dog, cause she was still getting shaved a bit. I walk out and they come after me. Hmm I thought maybe they wanna see the new van. We just got it. And they whisper to me that could they have the car back that my son has tucked under his seat. I was LIVID. my son stole the car and my husband knew about it, he didn't see the big deal. I am so embarrassed. He said he told son to return it, but son refused so he just left it be.  I AM SO MAD at my son and husband they both should know better. Son is 5. Husband is 36, acting like he is 3.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Replies (11-12):
TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 1, 2012 at 6:52 AM

It sounds like you handled it the best you could on the scene.  I would have also initially assumed that my son mistakenly took the toy.

Once hearing the REST of the story you did...that DH knew and son KNEW he should have left it - I would be LIVID at both of them.  My son would be punished -- probably by having to donate some of his toys to charity.  As far as DH - I wouldn't know what to do with a DH who obviously feels stealing is ok.  :-(

TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 1, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Not me -- I feel very strongly about stealing and will not tollerate it....if my kids take something that isn't theirs - I will make them give it back and I certainly don't let them take items from other people's homes.  I will not ignore anyone, even a child, stealing something from my house - not even a 'cheap toy'....it isn't right.

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

I am sorry inless it is a pricy toy I never say nothing. I just let the little kid keep it that's just how I am.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN