Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Accord, Camry or Altima?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm considering getting a new "to me" car in the next 6 months, mostly because my coupe is hard for my kids to get in and out of, only has 4 seats and has over 170k miles. Does anyone have any of the 3 cars I mentioned and care to weigh in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I really love my CRV. Great gas mileage and perfectly seats 3 in the back. I know that's not any of those 3 with the exception of it being Honda like the Accord.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mojitomommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I have an accord . Well we have two. They are awesome on gas mileage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sllytnkrbl
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

My brother had an Altima and he loved it, had well over 170k miles on it and was still going strong except for the ac.  My mom had a camry which she would have driven into the ground if it hadn't developed a leak and was getting wet everytime it rained.   I myself am partial to Honda in general I just love them, my stbxh's first car was an 84 accord he drove it until it had over 240k miles then he ran over a road block and tore something in the undercarriage that was too expensive to fix.   I have a CRV myself.    Any of these cars is a good choice, they all last long.  The Altima is the "lesser" (lack of better word) model from Nissan so it really shouldn't be compared to the Accord or Camry.  The Nissan most comparable to Accord and Camry is the the Maxima.   If you compare the ride of the the three I think the Accord is the smoothest but the Camry comes in a close second, as far as dependability they are evenly matched.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Sorry I drive a van

andyroosmama
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Partial to Honda... I have had a 92 civic that I loved... until it died... now have an 03 Accord EX that has 220k miles and still drives like new...

MOM2DMSD
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM
I have an '05 Accord that has been awesome! No problems AT ALL. Great on gas and like I said, no issues at all. It's a very reliable car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM

We have a CRV too and are very happy with it.  My cousin has had Accords for as long as I can remember.  Every time she wants a new car she trades it in for the newer model.

Quoting grneyedormom:

I really love my CRV. Great gas mileage and perfectly seats 3 in the back. I know that's not any of those 3 with the exception of it being Honda like the Accord.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I have an accord

doll0302
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I had a Camry,. and I loved it. It was too small for trips that we take in the car often, so I had to get rid of it. That thing was a 1992, and ran like a top. The guy I sold it to is still pushing it at over 200,000 miles. 

psychessun
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I'd go with a Honda.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN