Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

If you have a teenage daughter......

Posted by   + Show Post

At what age did you allow her to wear tampons?  This came up in a conversation I was having with other moms....  curious...

by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
LeAnaR
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:18 PM

My daughter (she will be 13 in june) will only wear pads. Not because i want her to but because she refuses to wear anything else but them. If she ever decides to wear tampons then i will let her. Same goes for my younger daughter (she will be 8 in June). The choice is hers.

mommagirl77
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:28 PM
My 16yr old made the transition at 15. That's when she got tired of not swimming and finally breached the gap lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cshepard
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM
My daughter is 10 and she's already asked me about them for this summer. She loves to swim!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM

SD11-BM and I agreed to let her choose which method is better.

DD8-is autistic/special needs-so she's gonna be a little trickier to handle. But I"m sure we'll get through it.

RCmom88
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM

My daughter is 13 and Ive been trying to get her to wear them because she plays soccer but she fights me on it. I was a gymnast so I know it would be more compfy for her if she would.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I don't have a teenage daughter but honestly if she wants to try sure , I was never able to wear them till i had my first which had her at 17 so that's when I started to. but they always hurt really bad before that but i will give my daughter the option

Venae
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Mine was 16 when she started but it was traumatizing!  She would try, but couldn't get them in.  I finally had to help her - yes, weird - but once she got the hang of it, she liked them so much better.  Some months, though, she would bleed so heavily that she had to wear pads w/her tampons!

BabiiYarellie
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Well I dont have a teenage daughter but I was one. And my mother being so old school (also her friends who influenced her) thought it was bad for me to use them she about killed me when she found out,i was using them her friends made her beliece you loose your virginty like that...omg..she thought I felt,pleasure using them ...ummm im bleeding like a crime scene how the eff is that pleasure but anyways later on I met more old school moms and yep they thought the same..but its not their fault their mothers didnt explain,things right or had someone to talk too you know how the 1950s were..but heres my advice ask her joe she feels about it..and let her do it on her own time I wanted to use tampons because you feel cleaner with them and you dont get blood all on the inside of your thighs or butt crack eeww lol
CV3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:23 AM

I dont have a daughter yet but I have no idea what I will do when the time comes. I may have to send her to talk to her aunt, tampons freak me out. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)