Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

If you have a teenage daughter......

Posted by   + Show Post

At what age did you allow her to wear tampons?  This came up in a conversation I was having with other moms....  curious...

by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
AphrexiaX
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM
This. My 17 doesn't use them because even the supers don't protect well enough for her.

Quoting mamabearlehman:

I think it's a personal choice for her and not something you "allow". I started using tampons right away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:27 AM
My mom never let us. We started using them in college. I will let my daughter decide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.JuneDiva629.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:27 AM

She was around 14.

nickigoingon8
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:03 AM

My daughter will be 14 in July and has no interest in wearing them yet, but if she did I think I would make her wait until she is 15.

mc3197433
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I don't have any teens yet...I wear pads and most likely at first they will too,if they want tampons they can use them....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallforher
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM

hopefully my DD isnt cursed like i was, I had to use both (at the same time) when i started.  I bled a lot through the teen years, i even had to sleep on towels bc of how much i bled..

momofpreemieboy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I talked to my DDs about tss and the risks and they chose pads til 17

Angeleyes_6
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:53 AM
My daughter is almost 18 and still don't wear them but neither do I.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazi184
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I don't have a teenage daughter either, but just thinking about it..My mom alaways used pads so when I started at 13 that's what she bought me. I used them until I was 16, but all my friends were using tampons so I wanted to try them, what a life changing experiance, lol. That's all I use now, but I won't let my prefernce decide what my daughter wants to do. I will also explain the two options, something my Mom didn't do with me.

EarlGrayHot
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I'd advise that you discuss it with here, the "what are periods" talk now rather than wait until it happens.  Many girls have early periods now and it never hurts to be prepared.  There may now be smaller tampons which would make it easier plus a little lubrication of some sort wouldn't hurt.  Of course, the information about why you must change them regularly is also important.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN