Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

If you have a teenage daughter......

Posted by   + Show Post

At what age did you allow her to wear tampons?  This came up in a conversation I was having with other moms....  curious...

by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
lovingmommywife
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM
My dd is 14 she don't like then so she wears pads. I only wear them when swimming so she will probly do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tweetyfan
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I was my daughters choice when ... but mostly only because she was so active ... i think she started around 13ish 14ish wearing them ...

momcat437
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd is almost 17 so if she wants to wear them, that's fine with me...

Sharkie76
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM
I think it is something you should talk about with her if and when she brings it up. My 15 year old asked about them so we talked about it and she stayed with pads. I get a little scared with younger kids because they tend to forget things and this could be really bad when it comes to tampons. I think being open to discussion and being honest is the best approach when it comes to this stuff.
Cara5
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I think "allow" is a strange word for it. Its her vag, her period and her decision.  I showed my girls what tampons were the same time I showed them what pads were, suggested that the pads would be more comfortable for starting off, but she choose to use tampons when she was ready.  

chinosruca
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Once my daughter gets her period she can decide right away if she wants tampons or pads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karen_29
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I dont have a daughter but my neice started using tampons about 6 months after starting her period.

Walker101
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:22 PM

My 13 yr old started about 2 months ago and she is pad only but that is only because she is still to nervous to try tampons. She says she is doing just fine with pads but she knows that whenever she is ready she just has to say the word and we will go buy tampons.

CDMelty
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM

She was 12 and I encouraged it because she was so scared of her pad showing or leaking that she wanted to stay home from school through all her heavy days. But honestly, it would never occur to me to "let" her or not let her. It's a personal choice, not a parental choice, imo.

Outrageous
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM

If my daughter got her period at 10 or 11, it would be a matter of me "allowing" her to use a tampon .... they are not even capable of taking care of their bodies at 10 or 11, let alone deal with insertion of tampons and other issues that come along with that.... 10 or 11 you are still telling your child when to shower and take care of their bodies and clothing! ...  if my daugher were 13, 14, 15, etc. that would be a different matter....  It's not a personal choice at 10 or 11 ......... it's a mother making the "right" decision for the child.....

Quoting mamabearlehman:

I think it's a personal choice for her and not something you "allow". I started using tampons right away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)