Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Ugh, same thing every freaking day!!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 1 Replies

At 6:30 this morning, like every morning, I go and wake up my kids and DS goes and takes a shower.  When he gets done and dressed, he walks out in long, thick, heavy army pants, a long sleeve, and a pullover. Let me clarify, we are in Texas, the high today is 90, I ask him to go and change and naturally he stomps into the other room, slams his door and changes. 
He comes out, I ask him to brush his teeth before we leave for school and he stomps into the kitchen, knocking over the babygate in his cute fit, runs the water, and doesn't brush his teeth, but lies and says he did.
We go to leave, he opens the door and the dog ran out of the apartment (we caught him on the stairs. We live on a busy street) and I yell....again....I ask him if he would be able to help and bring down the laundry for me since I have the dog, the baby, and 2 bags. Nope, no help, so I carry it down.
This was just in a 30 minute period, I am leaving things out, like the gun argument, holding the baby, and turning off lights. Most of the things I ask him to do are normal morning rituals.
He's a good kid, when everything is going his way, he gets what he wants, and it is all about him. I know that some of that is normal, but it's all the time. He's spoiled and yes it's my fault and I know that. I just don't know what to do to make it stop.
Is this just pre-teen attitude or am I just making more excuses for him? 

breastfeedingCameron bouncing momTrev & Gracie kissing dad

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mommyakabooby
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Both. It's his attitude, and you're being permissive. What I ended up doing was writing out a list of rule, and the consequences if they are broken, then went over it with my kids. They were able to nake amendments if we all agreed. I hung it on the wall, now they know if they commit the"crime" what the punishment is.
if he doesn't want to help you carry the laundry down, fine. But there will be a consequence; no video games after school, for example. He would have agreed to it, so
no argument.
this worked wonders for my kids, especially went they got to choose the punishment. Plus, it stopped a lot of the yelling and arguments about me being unfair and what not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)